BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newby here

Post Thanks / Like

Newby here

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on a '33 and I have read the excellent post on insurance and getting a kit into Canada, my concern now is the "safety"..... I'm in Ontario and I have questions regarding the following;
    fenders (do I have to have them)
    bumpers (do I have to have them)
    someone mentioned a third brake light
    Any other hints or sugestions you may have would be appreciated

I think the best news was what I read on a post is that "NO" emissions test, can that be true???? if so then there really is a man up above....

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I will help move this back to the top so that some of your Canadian brothers can help you out!
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Question No help????

Thanks Doug, maybe I'm just too anxious but I though I would've had a few sugestions by now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm following the blog of a '33 builder with a great understanding of this, check out his blog and ask him through that maybe http://lowntubd.blogspot.ca/

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi garf

You can check out a great article at the Canadian Rodder site, it answer a lot of your questions(http://www.canadianrodder.ca/feature...egistering.htm) or search "registering a kit car in Ontario".

I have seen several FFR 33's around the Toronto area that do not have fenders or bumpers - not sure if it meets Ontario's requiements or not, it's probably a grey area and depends who does the safety inspection on the vehicle. Sorry for the delay in posting this, I usually try to check in to the forum at least 3-4 times a week, but lately i'm luck if I get a chance to look once a week.

Thanks John

Post Thanks / Like
    For some reason the URL isn't coming out right on the screen, it should be canadianrodder.ca/features/fyi/registering.htm