FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GTM Interior drive size modifications

Post Thanks / Like

GTM Interior drive size modifications

Hello,

I have been searching the forums for an answer on the question of height and driver size on the GTM. On the factory five website it states that the max driver size is 6'4" and 275. I am 6'7" and 275. Has anyone successfully modified this chassis to accomodate a larger driver? Can FFR modify it before shipment? I am wondering if the seat sits flat on the floor? Or I can gan a little hear and there? Not sure where to direct my question. Thanks in advance to those that respond.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think 6'7" would be a real challenge. The seat is already on the floor and all the way back to the rear bulkhead. I know a couple of builders that have modified the floor pan to drop the seat another inch. Your best bet would be to locate a finished GTM in your area and see if you can squeeze in but I think your head is going to hit the roof and your knees are going to be in the dash....
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 6 4 and about 250 with modified Kirkey seats on the floor and pulled forward so I have more headroom I am very tight on the noggin. It will be a real push for you. Like KB said, get in a car locally. HTH, Richard.
    Richard Oben FFR builder www.northracecars.com

Need help finishing your project we can help here or at your shop.

FFR GTM #34 first GTM with working AC. 400 hp LS1 w/G50
    FFR coupe 3617CP 331 Stack EFI T-5 IRS Cobra brakes, AC/heat.
    Both cars by NRC, we can build (and have built) any FFR product.
    We also make and sell a ton of great parts for the FFR community.
    Brake kits, AC systems, #1 supplier of Team III wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    It might have a bit to do with where your height is too. When I sit down next to my 6'3' Cousins I am as tall as they are but when I stand up I am 5'10" on a real good day. Due to a long body and short inseam.

If you have a really long inseam measurement you may be able to sit in the car but not have enough leg room. The more body length you have the less head room you are looking at.

But I agree 100% in that any of us looking at one of the GTM's should try one on for size before proceeding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike S. came up with a great fix because he is also tall. He made a fiberglass insert or a custom molded seat. He almost sets on the floor pan. That gave him plenty of head room. If interested let me know I'll see if I can get some pictures.

Happy Building, Ron