Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR visit: Of Soft Top, Wipers, and Tank Mods

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFR visit: Of Soft Top, Wipers, and Tank Mods

Had a chance to drop by and see the new Soft Top. Very well made, an homage to the complex tops of old English cars, so certainly not a push button affair! But, hey, its a Roadster, right.

IMG_0121.JPGIMG_0111.JPGIMG_0116.JPGIMG_0118.JPGIMG_0109.JPG

Good head room, (I’m 6”1”) but this seat is low and much of my height is in my legs. We put the windows in, some design changes might be happening there as they were difficult to fit at the front near the mirrors. Kind of a fiddle to open the door with them in. Hardtop not being developed right now. I’m putting in a HMSL, it will be visible on the roll bar with the top installed.

Some other info from Jim S and Joe S....

Wipers “just about done”. Hood will be modified at base of windshield, trim piece provided, access panel that is now there for the master cylinders will change, too.

-Trunk is next, don’t plan on a different than stock exhaust if you want the trunk.

-I picked up padded door panels, padded dash to be delivered. New option, 299.00. Only visible on the order page, not the parts catalog.

The picture of the left seat forward edge shows it 3 inches further back than the right. This is made possible by a cutout to the top left of the gas tank, which will be available. Jim says do not install rear firewall yet if you are going this route. He also said tank supplier is very slow.

IMG_0119.jpg

Still a somewhat “Italian” driving position, the (optional, smaller) steering wheel kind of high. Tilting the wheel down obscures the top of the gauges. I think I will lower and shorten the steering column, but this is a very personal thing.
    Last edited by cmcintyre; 04-04-2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: firewall note
    " That which is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

SN 46 In the building 10/4/13.
    Go Cart 10/20/16
    Coupe Conversion
    EJ205 Wagon donor