Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1965 (2007) Factory Five MkIII Roadster

Post Thanks / Like

1965 (2007) Factory Five MkIII Roadster -SOLD-

I am posting this for sale as I’m in the planning stages for doing an 818, so it is with mixed emotions that I let this go, but it is time to move ahead and I’m sure someone else will be very happy with it.

Titled and registered in Illinois as 1965 Factory Five Roadster. VIN #F5R1006071RD
    Price drop to $21,500; Located in Frankfort, IL (southwest suburb of Chicago)
    ----------SOLD------------

The car was competed in 2007 using a 1990 Mustang GT as the donor for the engine, rear axle, and various other bits. Certain major components, including the radiator, transmission, master cylinder, and fuel pump have been replaced during or since the build with new or professionally rebuilt items.

Factory Options (some of these were added after the initial build):
    Stainless steel side pipes
    Powder coated frame (black)
    Dual Chrome Rollbars
    Chrome over-riders
    Koni Rear coil-overs
    Kirkey high back seats
    Autometer Ultra-Lite Gauges
    Wind Wings
    Visors
    Heater
    Wipers
    Battery Cutoff Switch

Other details and upgrades:
    Motor is 5.0L from 1990 Mustang GT – approx. 110k miles (~10k since transplant). Runs fantastic and sounds great.
    2.73 rear axle
    T-5 Transmission
    Rear disc brake conversion
    Stainless steel braided brake lines
    Steering rack recently upgraded to Manual Rack
    Rollbar trim rings, Under Dash Filler Panel, Steering Hole Trim Plate, Shifter trim ring and boot from ReplicaParts.com
    Amp in trunk and 2 speakers. Amp has lead to the cockpit for aux jack. Works great with smartphone, but would be easily updated with a regular head unit if you so choose.
    Extras included: Extra set of uncoated side pipes; full set of uncoated quick jacks
    Custom car cover from Covercraft
    Various small parts I have will all be included (passenger side mirror, extra filters, etc, etc)

Issues:
    -I did the paint job myself 7 years ago. It is very durable, but certainly not a show finish (Color is Grigio Titanio – paint code 3238). If you are looking for something to take to the track or on road trips, you may want to leave as is, but if you are looking for a show car, probably best to just consider this car as unpainted.

- I am in the midst of switching from the standard parking brake location to mounting it on the transmission tunnel. Depending on feedback, I will either stop immediately for you to put back to stock or I will finish the project (I haven’t cut anything up yet, so easy to go back to stock). I will include all parts necessary to finish either way if you want to conquer this small project yourself. (copying dv/dt ‘s method - http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...ml#post2153987 )

-5 point Simpson Harness is the original one from when I built the car. If you are going to do anything that requires dated belts, I believe you would need to replace.

If I had to summarize everything, I would just say this car is for someone that is going to use it. I’ve put over 10,000 trouble free miles on it, including 2 trips to London, OH and a trip up into Northern Michigan and it has been amazing. As mentioned above, don’t expect to be blown away by the paint job, and there is plenty of room for small projects, but you could start driving this on day 1 without any regrets and decide over the course of the summer if you want to upgrade anything over the winter.

Thanks in advance for your interest. If you want to see additional photos, or have any questions, feel free to let me know.

[email protected]

(pictures in following posts)
    Last edited by billjr212; 04-29-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

A few more pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Or best offer and willing to deliver within 300 miles. Forgot to add that in the original post.

Thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    can't build for close to that price... A good deal for someone
    FFR 3985RD. . .legend lime w/rootbeer stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Joe. Drove it in to work today and the value went up $40! (now has a full tank of gas - ha). Spring is here! (sort of, for today anyway)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    Thanks Joe. Drove it in to work today and the value went up $40! (now has a full tank of gas - ha). Spring is here! (sort of, for today anyway)
    Hey Bill, that's funny. I once had a car that doubled in value when I put on a new set of tires!

Good luck with your sale; someone is going to get themselves a heck of a deal.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha. Thanks Steve. With the good weather Chicago is looking at this weekend, I may be burning through some of my $40 "upgrade." (Although the 'honey do' list has been growing today....hmmmmm...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's get this to a new home before summer comes...price drop to $21,500.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sale pending...

Post Thanks / Like
    Sold and on the way to her new home and warmer weather

Post Thanks / Like
    She's going to a good home in Phoenix. I appreciate the hard work you put in her. Too bad I couldn't have received it earlier. Would have gone to Huntington Cruise In. There's always next year. . . .