FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: It’s Go (Kart) Time

Post Thanks / Like

It’s Go (Kart) Time

So I posted this in my build thread. But since a big milestone, will post for others that aren't following. More details about the build in my sig line.

Today was the day. Everything was far enough long plus the weather cooperated. So took the go-kart out of the garage and up and down a side street in our sub probably 5-6 times. The streets are still a little dirty from our ridiculous winter, so I managed to throw quite a collection of small stones and dirt into the cockpit, trunk, etc. That’s about the only negative thing I can say. Everything else was absolutely perfect. Clutch engaged a little higher than the Mk3, but other than that is great. Nice and smooth with reasonable effort. Never over 20-25 mph, so can’t draw too many conclusions. Although not broken in or bedded, the brakes seem to work really well. The hydroboost powered Wilwoods (read earlier in my build thread for the background) felt great. Not overly sensitive. I think they will be fine for my mainly street driving. The power steering is a bit light, so may want to turn down the boost a bit. But still too early to change anything. Engine ran great (again). Was near full water temp after 20 minutes or so of messing around. Oil pressure still looked great. Oil was just starting to get a little temp. Back in the garage with not a drip or run anywhere. The engine is really lively and felt very strong. I think I’m going to like this thing!

Here are a couple videos. First is a walkaround just before backing it out. Not the greatest quality, but still maybe interesting.

First Go-Kart Factory 5 Mk4 Roadster, Video #1- YouTube

This is one of the back and forth runs in our sub. Can’t tell too much, but all good.

First Go-Kart Factory 5 Mk4 Roadster, Video #2 - YouTube

Finally, had to post this. Today I also decided to get the Mk3 out of off-site storage and back into the garage where it belongs. Now life is starting to make sense again after our long winter.

Last edited by edwardb; 04-07-2014 at 09:13 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Congrats

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Congratulations! I'm following your build thread and am enjoying it too.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Looking good!