Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Challenge Issued by Alpha Romeo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhyrraM View Post
    Maybe it was chose because it was different? Specifically chosen to gauge reaction......Hrmmmm...
    Or maybe because all the other entries for the week were really that bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    The suspense is killing me already!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keys2heaven View Post
    So not fair. Teaser looks interesting.

In lieu of posting any more teasers, tell us a bit more about youself. You obviously have experience with rendering and design.
    I am a consultant industrial designer. Have been designing many years. Here is the important tip for designing a sexy or cool car. PROPORTION baby...I don't care how creative or cool your designs are. If you don't understand proportion your car will not have that awesome stance every car industries want to have on there vehicles. A perfect proportion woman can wear any unattractive dress and still looks hot. Imagine when she wear a nice designed dress.

@PhyrraM- Once I submitted the work I will show all of ideation sketches

@unclebigbad-This teaser is just for you. More suspense! I promised you, you will not be dissapointed in the end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    F5teaser03.jpg

@keys2heaven- I am consultant industrial designer and been designing for many years. Here is one important tip for everyone when it comes to car designing, PROPORTION...if you undstand proportion you will have an outstanding design with awesome stance. A woman with a perfect porportion can wear any unattrictive dress and still looks hot! Just image if she where a well designed dress.

@PhyrraM- In time you will see all of my exporation sketches.

@unclebigbad- This teaser is just for you. More suspense! I promised you, you won't be let down when the time comes.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ Cr8tr ^^

Thank you for the newest teaser. Do what you need to in order to feel comfortable about your submission. If your design is as good as the renderings, then we're in for a treat.

Questions:

How feasible in reality do you think your design would fare for a $9,900 kit?
    Where have you placed the radiator? Intercooler airflow comes from where?
    Removeable top option? If so, where is it stored?
    Any consideration give to interior layout?

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hmmmmm you guys are very smart. I admit nothing, but keep in mind there is a tremendous variety of submissions.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all sorry for the repeated posts. I have covered all the parameters/hard points stated in the briefs of the competition. When you see the design you'll know where everything are supposed to be. For the interior I started about 30% finished. I figured the competition is about the exterior design so I am putting the interior on hold on my personal project.

Quote Originally Posted by keys2heaven View Post
    ^^ Cr8tr ^^

Thank you for the newest teaser. Do what you need to in order to feel comfortable about your submission. If your design is as good as the renderings, then we're in for a treat.

Questions:

How feasible in reality do you think your design would fare for a $9,900 kit?
    Where have you placed the radiator? Intercooler airflow comes from where?
    Removeable top option? If so, where is it stored?
    Any consideration give to interior layout?

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PhyrraM;14665]It looks like a fantastic job at rendering of a totally unknown style. I'd love to see some of the current favorite designs rendered by cr8ter. /QUOTE]

From what I can tell, his car is a 3D rendered model. Or maybe I'm stating the obvious

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 05xtsy View Post
    From what I can tell, his car is a 3D rendered model. Or maybe I'm stating the obvious
    Oh yeah, I know. I'm just saying it could look like a 1973 Pinto. A fantastically rendered 1973 Pinto. If Cr8tr thinks a bit of hype and suspense will win it for him, more power to ya brother.

I'd love to see Xabier's or ScottyB's, or some of the others designs, done up in fully rendered 3D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12