FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Huntington Beach Update and Details on Power Tour and Open House!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Huntington Beach Update and Details on Power Tour and Open House!

West Coast, East Coast, and Middle America in 60 Days!

When does an annual event become a tradition? The third time? The fourth time? I don't know the exact answer, but all three of these great upcoming events have become Factory Five traditions. I went back and read posts from previous event reports, and the stories we've built and continue to build are very humbling.

Summer kicks off early with the 7th annual Factory Five Huntington Beach Cruise-In. I used to live in Huntington Beach and this cruise-in event is one of my favorites of the Factory Five calendar. If Huntington Beach is fun, then the Power Tour is a different kind of fun. Two thousand miles and eight towns across middle America, we'll be long-hauling for the entire week-long event ending up in Wisconsin, not far from where I graduated at UW.

The 17th annual Open House caps off a trifecta of awesomeness! This year I am personally thrilled to be pulling the wraps off of an all-new Factory Five model that has been cloaked in secrecy for almost a year and will be shown in completed car form AND in production!

Hope to see you at one of these events!

Dave Smith

7th Huntington Beach Cruise-In - April 26, Huntington Beach, CA

Factory Fives invade Huntington Beach on Saturday, April 26th for the largest west coast gathering of component cars, music, surf, and good times. The 7th annual Factory Five Huntington Beach Cruise-In is gearing up to be EPIC! Expect about 150 Factory Fives on Main Street, along with 5,000 or so spectators during the day-long car show/cruise-in.

Live music from The Fabulous Nomad Surf Band, car show awards, VIP guests, and a surprise unveiling of our special edition '33 Hot Rod built in collaboration with Hot Rod Magazine by the all-womens team of car builders from an upcoming episode of "Detroit Muscle".

Factory Five will also be bringing a fleet of vehicles and our big rig for the one-day event. The Factory Five 818 will be spotlighted with our Factory Five demo car and an exciting new battery-electric 818 built by customer Erik Hansen and EV West.

The Huntington Beach Cruise-In is limited to 150 cars, so if you haven't registered and want to attend with your Factory Five, click here to register. The event is open to the public.

22 car show award categories and Editors' Choice Awards from KCB Magazine & Hot Rod Magazine. Hot Rod Unlimited broadcast show will be covering the event in an upcoming episode. Click here to read about last year's event.

RIde Along with Us for 2,000 Miles Thru Mid-America
    2015 Hot ROd Power Tour - June 4-14, NC to Wisconsin Dells

A month after the Huntington Beach Cruise-In comes the longest cruise of the year... The 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour! Join us this year as we cruise through 8 shows in 8 days and travel from North Carolina to Wisconsin. This year, we'll be joined by Factory Five customers on the cruise and at each stop. Factory Five's Nate Johnson and Tony Zullo will be leading a customer group as part of this year's "Long Haulers".

Nate Johnson's supercharged 302 powered Mk3 has been on five (5!) Power Tours and with 2014 will make it six!

17th Annual Factory Five Open House - June 14, Wareham, MA

It's hard to believe that this will be the 17th time that we will gather in Wareham for our annual Open House event. Come and spend the day with us at our headquarters for this great homecoming event. In addition to the traditional scratch and dent sale, car show awards, music, food, and plant tours, this year we will be unveiling an all-new Factory Five model that has been in development for almost a year and will definitely surprise some people!

Standing room only at last year's Open House with the debut of our 818 Sports Car! The 17th annual FFR Open House will be held on Saturday, June 14th. It is open to the public and free to attend with your Factory Five.
    Last edited by Dave Smith; 04-14-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to our annual gathering at the beach. Come on guy's, registration is easy and you will NOT want to miss this event!
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be on the Power Tour !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I'll be on the Power Tour !
    Lucky! I want to do that some day. I guess I gotta wait for retirement...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'm going to fire-up the VW diesel and head to Wareham... last time I drove out there I made if from the Midwest to the east coast on a single tank... 63mpg... gotta see if I can break that one.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to attend the Open House for the first time ... with my coupe.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    FFR just released an Official Entrance route off of 6th street:

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Any ideas of where to park a truck with trailer?
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11
    Build thread: HERE
    Epic First start video HERE

Type 65 Coupe Ordered 01/17/13

Post Thanks / Like
    There is another post where Dave S. said that they are working on that with the city. When I find out I will let you know. I am looking forward to seeing the progress on coupey!
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    excellent! thanks!
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11
    Epic First start video HERE

Type 65 Coupe Ordered 01/17/13