Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My New Monster Garage/Shop is done!... just in time for my FF MK4 Build

Post Thanks / Like

My New Monster Garage/Shop is done!... just in time for my FF MK4 Build

So when we moved into the new house I knew in my mind I had plans to start a MK4 build soon and decided to build a separate garage beside the house that would be just for my car toys and build projects!

So I built a 48x20 with 14ft ceilings for future car lift, Bathroom, gas & water and electric, 220, Epoxy floor system, Floor Drains, Slop sink, and made it 2 story, top is for storage & for my parts dept...

Garage was just finished and it turned out great! I have collected signs, Neon, gas, pumps...etc for Décor.... its looking good but not done! But is a garage every really done...

I'm sure there are much cooler garages out there, but this was all I could fit on my lot, convince the wife of and afford... Should be a great place to hang on the weekends and listen to Classic Rock and Build my dream cars...

A Mans House is his Home! But his Garage is his Sanctuary....

Garage1small.jpg
    Garage2small.jpg
    Garage3small.jpg

I would love to see everyone else's Shops!
    Last edited by Mslone; 04-14-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Garage envy!!! Looks really cool!!!
    One of the last Mark II's, FFR complete date 5/8/04, delivery date 5/23/04, donor-'93 Mustang GT. Yes, that is me in my Avatar. Paint done by Da Bat! It looks killer! Drive it like you stole it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    SUPER nice!

Looks like you have the basics of a great garage. Wish mine was as nice!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow that's sweet. I just cleaned my garage yesterday and man it makes you feel so much more organized and clean as a person. So much easier to work in as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ehansen007 View Post
    Holy cow that's sweet. I just cleaned my garage yesterday and man it makes you feel so much more organized and clean as a person. So much easier to work in as well!
    Thanks! Its alot easier when its a garage just for Car projects.... My Regular garage has bikes, scooters...Toys...everywhere.... etc...

That is why I told the wife I need to build my Sanctuary Garage that is off limits to the Family and is just mine... I'm kinda like Marry Poppins when it comes to garages... Everything has a place, and everything needs to be in that place....

Very Blessed to have been able to build it! Really looking forward to buidling some cool cars in it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice garage! Good for you for having the ability to get this done. I know you will truly enjoy it.

Good luck with your build.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice indeed! Wish I had that much space to work in...........the wife would never see me again.
    Mk-3 FFR 5558, 351W, Comp Xtreme Energy Cam, Aluminum Heads, Roller Rockers, Mallory Comp S/S 42 Distributor, Edelbrock RPM Performer, 670 Holley Street Avenger, T-5, 3:08 Posi, 15" Team III Wheels, BF Goodrich T/A 225/60R-15, 275/50R-15, 4-wheel disc brakes, Electric Blue/White Stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice. You can never have too much space (until you need to heat it). Can I store some cars there? hahahaha
    I get asked that all the time.
    Enjoy.
    Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the floor! Very nice shop

Post Thanks / Like
    i hope there's beer in the Pepsi machine...
    Delivered 11/12/11
    2014 small fall cruise http://youtu.be/fwk0TXXZGEU
    First Start: http://youtu.be/547P6SHGixI
    Go Kart 2/12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQSUL-6q15k

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You must have planned for the 19 or 20 boxes of parts that come with it. That was my biggest nightmare. Even with a three car garage, if it is not dedicated to the project like yours it causes a lot of extra work moving things around and organizing. That's a very nice beginning to your project.

Good luck,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the Size !!! Where do you live ? I need heat in mine so would have to insulate and sheetrock the walls with 5/8 firecode. Compressor might be a bit small for big power tools or spraying. You will have a great time in your sanctuary.

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by first time builder View Post
    Love the Size !!! Where do you live ? I need heat in mine so would have to insulate and sheetrock the walls with 5/8 firecode. Compressor might be a bit small for big power tools or spraying. You will have a great time in your sanctuary.

Kenny
    I live in Katy, TX a Sub of Houston. so Heat is not an issue... Wish I had AC, but I put doors at both ends ands asome industrial fans, It creates a nice draft when all doors are open since it is a long tunnel shaped Garage... But I will not be out there in July Mid day... thats for sure!

Thanks for all the comments! It is my pride and joy!

Yea I made it 2 story so I could have space for storage, Figure the Boxes will stay upstairs untill they are needed in the build, Plan to just hang body on ceiling, That will leave plenty of room for the Chassis build... I definately wanted a dedicated space that is just for my car stuff, so as someone mentioned I would not have to jockey things around and push to the side when im not working on it!

And Yes, Always Beer in the Vintage 1970 Pepsi Machine...
    Last edited by Mslone; 04-15-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool! Lots of room for lots of cool stuff