Many of you in the Factory Five community know our friend Art Totten. I just got off the phone with Mark Totten, Art’s son, and he told me that Art had passed away last evening surrounded by his family and beloved wife Rhonda. I think Art was in his mid 80’s but he had a teenagers passion for all things Ford and he was a good friend of Factory Five for more than 15 years. He was a dear friend of mine and a man whom I respected as much as my own father.

I will leave better words to others who knew him better, but I will tell you that Art was one of the greatest men I have ever known. He was the kind of man they don’t make anymore. He was a lifelong Ford fan and worked for Ford for many years. Art Totten was always my friend and he stayed at my home over the years as he drove his truck all around the country, never hesitating to jump in his Ford diesel truck and lay down 1000 miles at a shift.

The guy was SOLID. I will miss you greatly my friend and I love you Art. Godspeed. I look forward to seeing you in heaven many years from now and I have no doubt the first thing you’ll want to do is talk about the latest and greatest blue oval engines.

Dave Smith