Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Barret Jackson

Post Thanks / Like

Barret Jackson

I am tooting my own horn here. Check out how much my GTM went for at Barrett Jackson. More than I sold it for, but it is cool to see that at least two other people saw that kind of value in my version of this great car. Kind of makes we want to build another one.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...ln=111&aid=543

NT

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes me happy too, any GTM should be happy by that sale price.

Good job and beautiful car.

Post Thanks / Like
    $73k+ is good for EVERY GTM owner.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    $73k+ is good for EVERY GTM owner.
    Only if you believe what a car sells for at auction trickles down to the private sellers market, which history has shown, it does not.

Bill S,
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    Only if you believe what a car sells for at auction trickles down to the private sellers market, which history has shown, it does not.

Bill S,
    Well I guarantee you some one selling, or attempting to sell, a GTM down the road will link to that sale as an example. If it had sold for $20k...not so much.

We had a guy at SEMA offer us $300k for the FFR PDG GTM and Richard turned it down. Why? Because we had a race and that car is literally priceless to us. We also thought the individual was a little crazy. Then we had a couple of appraisers come out and appraise the car for insurance purposes. It appraised at just under $300k. The market is what the market will pay and I don't see $300k in the race car that I drive regularly, but it has something to do with the fact that a couple very famous American icons in auto racing have raced it, I believe. I'm not sure what value that adds, but apparently it is quite a bit as the guy at SEMA specifically mentioned the name that was on the car. Personally, I thought we should have taken the $300k and banked it, but it wasn't my decision.

Still, point is that $73k is a healthy sum for a GTM and it certainly is not going to HURT future sales prices.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I guarantee you some one selling, or attempting to sell, a GTM down the road will link to that sale as an example. If it had sold for $20k...not so much.
    Yes, it's called the "Barrett Jackson Syndrome", an owner states "this car sold for XXX at BJ, therefore my car should sell for XXX privately". Unfortunately, most sellers that think this "makes the market" are found to be wrong, and spin their wheels and waste their time when it comes time to sell. We have gone round and round on this subject in the past, and the real world private market proves my theory time and time again, so I won't beat the dead horse, feel free to check the archives for the bloody mess.

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitetrain View Post
    I am tooting my own horn here. Check out how much my GTM went for at Barrett Jackson. More than I sold it for, but it is cool to see that at least two other people saw that kind of value in my version of this great car. Kind of makes we want to build another one.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...ln=111&aid=543

NT

We had a guy at SEMA offer us $300k for the FFR PDG GTM and Richard turned it down. Why? Because we had a race and that car is literally priceless to us. We also thought the individual was a little crazy. Then we had a couple of appraisers come out and appraise the car for insurance purposes. It appraised at just under $300k. The market is what the market will pay and I don't see $300k in the race car that I drive regularly, but it has something to do with the fact that a couple very famous American icons in auto racing have raced it, I believe. I'm not sure what value that adds, but apparently it is quite a bit as the guy at SEMA specifically mentioned the name that was on the car. Personally, I thought we should have taken the $300k and banked it, but it wasn't my decision.

Still, point is that $73k is a healthy sum for a GTM and it certainly is not going to HURT future sales prices.
    Hi Dave,

Well, whatever the case may be... Someone at the Barrett-Jackson show must have known what the GTM is, and wanted it pretty badly.

Congrats to the owner on the sale, and to the buyer for picking up a very nice car.

It's good to see that you're still here on the forum from time to time!

Take care Buddy.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    Yes, it's called the "Barrett Jackson Syndrome", an owner states "this car sold for XXX at BJ, therefore my car should sell for XXX privately". Unfortunately, most sellers that think this "makes the market" are found to be wrong, and spin their wheels and waste their time when it comes time to sell. We have gone round and round on this subject in the past, and the real world private market proves my theory time and time again, so I won't beat the dead horse, feel free to check the archives for the bloody mess.

Bill S.
    I actually agree with you 100%, but if another and another and another sell for big bucks it will eventually bring the entire market up. Was this a one shot deal that won't be repeated, or the start of these GTMs going for much higher dollar values? Time will tell, and I am leaning towards your position, but hoping that it is the start of a healthy resale market that would boost the numbers of these vehicles being built.

Maybe that guy I suggested had his GTM listed for too high of a price on the other forum, after three years of trying to sell it, might even get his asking price. Who knows? Time will tell.
    Last edited by crash; 04-17-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts