Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Huntington Beach Cruise-In Details & Update

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Huntington Beach Cruise-In Details & Update

This year’s HB Cruise-In promises to be the best one yet!

HB Cruise-In New and Updates

We are only a week away from the 7th annual Factory Five Huntington Beach Cruise-In, and I am sending this e-mail to show registrants, posting it on the forums, and on our website to help make sure everyone has complete details.

I’m looking forward to this event with a great amount of excitement. My wife Denise and I left Huntington Beach in January of 1995 to head east to start what would become Factory Five Racing. I am extremely proud to return home with hundreds of Factory Fives to celebrate this great company and community.

Here are some updates, directions, and last minute details for anyone attending.

Directions, Schedule, and Show Participant Registration

This year, we are not using the parking lot adjacent to the pier plaza. All Factory Five cars will be parked on the first three blocks of Main Street and a small number will be parked on the Pier Plaza next to the Factory Five big rig. Registration for show cars opens at 8 AM and you can print/download the map below showing how to get to the registration tent with your car.

The car show begins at 9 AM and car show judging begins at 10:30 AM.

The Special Edition Factory Five-Hot Rod Magazine ’33 Hot Rod unveil is at 11:00 AM.

Car show awards will be presented at 2:00 PM and the event concludes at 4:00 PM.

The Huntington Beach Cruise-In is limited to 150 cars, so if you haven’t registered and want to attend with your Factory Five, click here to register. The event is open to the public.

We are currently working with the town of Huntington Beach to secure nearby trailer parking for those trailering their vehicles.

For show cars, follow this map to arrive at the registration tent. Keep in mind Main Street is closed so these directions are important to follow. Click here to view/print a full size map.

All-Women 427 Build Team Car Will Debut at HB Cruise-In

Last week, a star-studded all-women build team constructed a Factory Five Mk4 427 on the set of PowerNation's "Detroit Muscle" TV.

The episode airs the first two weeks in May, and HB Cruise-In participants will get a chance to meet some of the team members and be the first to check out the car.

The all women's team includes Nan Gelhard (Summit Racing), Cherielynn Westrich (Overhaulin'), Jo Coddington (American Hot Rodders), Courtnie Provencher (Factory Five), and Karen Salvaggio (national race champion, not in photo).

Four Factory Fives Head Out on FFR Show & Event Truck

We are bringing out four all-new Factory Fives to show off at this year's Cruise-In. We're bring two '33 Hot Rods. The first Hot Rod is a daily driver, 5,000 mile cruiser with soft top, 3-link suspension, and 302 Ford engine. The second Hot Rod is our brand-new "Special Edition" Hot Rod Magazine '33. This car will be unveiled at 11:00 AM the morning of the cruise.

We are also bringing our 818S street car with soft top and 265 HP Subaru boxer engine. Lastly, we are bringing the beautiful 427 powered Mk4 Roadster build by the all womens build team and airing on "Detroit Muscle" TV in May.

Tech leader Tony Zullo puts the finishing touches on the 818S and the 427 all women build Mk4 before loading.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Like a lot of folks, I'm looking forward to the pictures! (It's the wrong weekend for me-- again!)
    FFR Mk II 4437
    Finally on the road, 8/12! SVO Crate 302, IRS, EEC IV

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wish I could be there Dave. I'll be thinking of you guys.

Henry

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of these years, I will make it to this event. Retirement looms on the horizon, November to, be exact and that will free me up to attend more events. See you at the Open House, Dave!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been involved in each of the past events. It keeps getting bigger and better. This year is panning out to be the best show so far. I will enjoy playing some "tunes" on main street when the band (The Fabulous Nomads) take brakes. Should be a great show. See you there.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the most important aspects of the Huntington Beach Cruise-in is this: Saturday forecast: Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.

Oh yeah, it is nice to live in So. Calif.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ^ Ray, I'm holding you to that. Thur. night and Fri. morning is very iffy with rain chasing us down to SoCal.
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Current forecast for Saturday (from National Weather Service): Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers in the morning. Highs around 64 near the coast to 65 to 70 inland. Areas of winds west 15 to 20 mph. Gusts to 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of measurable precipitation 20 percent. Bring a jacket and enjoy a great time!
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's not going to rain. I forbid it!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)