Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Home Stretch Before Paint

Post Thanks / Like

Home Stretch Before Paint

This weekend we applied a guide coat and wet sanded to be followed by glazing compound. I think I'm in the home stretch before paint but then again this is the first body work I have done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sure give you guys credit for being able to do the body work yourself. You save a ton of money. Me, I'm chicken when it comes to fiberglass or any body work for that matter. At least you've got a better product to work with on the red body. I had a black body except for the driver's door which was a red one.
    Bill

Coupe #421, Picked Up 11/15/08, started 1/1/09 - Rebuilt mildly massaged 302, T5, 3 Link, and Loads of Extras

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand Bill but it really is just tedius nothing too difficult and if you screw it up you just grind it out and do it over. I mis trimmed one of my doors for the window frame and had to glass 1/4" back onto it....you learn as you go and get better the more you do

Post Thanks / Like
    looking good!
    Factory Five Type-65 Coupe:"Race Spec" coupe, Ordered 1/12, picked-up 5/12, roller 5/12, first start 10/12, finished 4/13
    Factory Five Roadster: Sold 12/2011.
    http://www.25tires.com