Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest: AJW Performance Custom Exhaust for the 818

Post Thanks / Like

Gauging Interest: AJW Performance Custom Exhaust for the 818

Feb 19 2015 UPDATE THESE ARE NOW IN STOCK AND CAN BE PURCHASED THROUGH PM OR HERE http://ajwperformanceproducts.com/st...egory=12313138

UPDATE:

Hello everyone, I was recently updated that these are now only about 2 weeks out from being finished So they will be here soon! We are still looking for takers who would like to hop on the deal early, but if you'd like to wait and see the final production pieces we will have them in stock. I will be calling individuals that have per-ordered and confirming options soon. Thank you for your patience.

Good Morning folks, below is a video of our first 818 exhaust. We are looking to get some input and see if a custom exhaust would be something that people are interested in purchasing.

Updated Pricing: $175.00 for the Base Catless/Race system.

Mufflers, cats, etc will be extra and we have not been able to generate pricing yet.

We're taking orders now for the first 10+ exhausts. Please email [email protected] or [email protected] to order.

The Base Catless/Race system will be available within 30 days after we can populate 10+ orders. As we get more data we will add the muffler and cat options so you can add those to your order down the road if you choose to do so. To reserve a spot and order just email or call us.

Good Afternoon FFR Community! We finally have the official options for you!

The base exhaust system is $175.00, you can purchase this by itself if you would like.

With the way the system is designed you can only choose one option, either a cat or a muffler. However if someone wanted to custom design something ON THEIR OWN, we would be glad to sell it to them with both. Easy Clamp Seals are at the bottom of the list, you will need 2 per exhaust system. Exhaust tips are not included due to the numerous options available (burnt tip, dual tip, slash tip, etc, etc). We will be taking a 10 group buy in, this will go on for a MONTH, or whichever comes first. IE: if 10 people get an exhaust in 10 days then the exhaust buy in will be closed.

Once 10 people have paid in full, the exhaust will ship in two weeks. In some cases the options (cat, mufflers, etc) may arrive before the exhaust.

Please PM us with any questions, we will be glad to assist you!

Base Exhaust System---$175.00
    Options (Choose ONE)
    Catalytic Converters
    High Flow Race Cat (Race)--- 398.74
    Street Metal Core (Race)--- 109.1
    Street Ceramic Core (Street)--- 82.85
    Street Mufflers
    Ultra Quiet Resonator (3 in Outlet 14 in long)--- 94.45
    SS Reasonator (3 in Outlet 12 in long)--- 54.76
    SS Reasonator (3 in Outlet 18 in long)--- 78.96
    SS Reasonator (3 in Outlet 18 in long w/ 5 in Res Body--- 88.1
    Race Mufflers
    3 In Outlet 9 in Long 3.75 Muffler Body OD--- 73.4
    3 In Outlet 5 In Long (Special order)--- 70.35
    Lightweight Aluminum Muffler
    Race Muffler 3 In Outlet 5 In OD x 14 in Overall length --- 95.55
    Exhaust Sleeve (Need 2 per Cat, or Muffler)
    Easy Seal Clamp 3in---17.8

An example of the mufflers style:

Photos of the base system

Last edited by AJW Performance; 02-19-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be interested in a catless system for the 818S. With the catless, would it include an additional or quieter muffler? Also, where would the exit options be for the S model?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A catless exhaust with bellmouth for under $500? I'd definitely consider that!

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the idea of a quieter muffler with the catless exhaust. Well worth $500 when you consider the design time that goes into the fabrication. Have you considered this for the S model.

Post Thanks / Like
    A quality exhaust that sounds great will surely sell -- the trick will be in nailing those 2 items, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely interested careless and a good quaintly muffler/resonator. I want mine just like the r model if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the interest everyone, we will keep you posted!

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you offer a version with the O2 bungs offset by some rotation so that one is not directly down stream of the other? I've noticed when working with flow sensors inside of piping (especially the MAF) that the flow needs to be laminar and fully developed when hitting the sensor. The first O2 will be fine but could cause turbulence and mess up the reading of the downstream sensor. Although I'm not sure if O2's are as sensitive as the MAF, but if there are any kind of bends or turbulence in front of the MAF, it will make the car run very rough. In my case it was running super rich until I straightened out the intake pipe in front of the MAF.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that the stock downpipe narrow band O2 is just used for fuel trim and won't create any car idle problems. My concern is if the last sensor was a wideband O2 and getting accurate readings from it for tuning purposes.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 2nd bung on their system looks to be downstream of a muffler or cat so it is not going t have great flow there, but I'm not sure an O2 sensor needs clean flow to work

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    Would you offer a version with the O2 bungs offset by some rotation so that one is not directly down stream of the other? I've noticed when working with flow sensors inside of piping (especially the MAF) that the flow needs to be laminar and fully developed when hitting the sensor. The first O2 will be fine but could cause turbulence and mess up the reading of the downstream sensor. Although I'm not sure if O2's are as sensitive as the MAF, but if there are any kind of bends or turbulence in front of the MAF, it will make the car run very rough. In my case it was running super rich until I straightened out the intake pipe in front of the MAF.
    The 02 Sensor meters air inside the pipe, the second bung is only for the Wideband. We can place them wherever for you sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be interested in a catless for the S. The exhaust tip is pretty big. I'd like to see something that looks a little better. Also, is the exit centered out the back of the car? Looks like it's offset a bit to the passenger side, but could just be the angle it was filmed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested as i have to keep it under 102 db on most tracks and 95db on just 1 track
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'd want a straight shot out the back as I'm planning a graphic on the tranny tail cover that I want to show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, we're working on something!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any eta on when you might be releasing your system?

Post Thanks / Like
    personally, I think that the one coming straight out the back is very ugly and building an R, I wouldn't to get bumped in the back on the track. I'd rather see one that comes out to the side

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Doowop View Post
    personally, I think that the one coming straight out the back is very ugly and building an R, I wouldn't to get bumped in the back on the track. I'd rather see one that comes out to the side
    I agree its not as pretty but coming out the center give me a neutral starting point of which way I can face the turn down on the exhaust when I'm over the DB limit at the track, does not force the exhaust to ones side where the meter is located on the track. So while not as pretty I would be OK with the center
    Tony Nadalin
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to be working on this system this week everyone! We will keep you updated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone, we've got some information for you all. The exhaust we would be selling would be 304 Stainless, and be modular. Essentially we would offer a bellmouth downpipe as a base. The exhaust would be a total of two or three, three bolt flange exhaust pieces depending on your options.

Here is an example:

1. Downpipe, Cat section, Straight pipe (out side)
    2. Downpipe, Muffler, Straight pipe (out Side)

etc etc. These options would allow the exhaust to be modular and could be changed out and customized for each 818 donor.

We will have more information for you soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update I can't say enough about AJW's customer service is top notch

Post Thanks / Like
    I would take #2 but straight out the back
    Tony Nadalin
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRSpec72 View Post
    I would take #2 but straight out the back
    We could do this as well, by having the modular options you could essentially have a pipe with flange created for the exhaust to go anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Working on this exhaust folks, still looking for input and interest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm still interested. My preference would be for a muffler, no cat (or optional high flow), and choice of exhaust location via modular tailpipe. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    If out the back I would prefer a straight shot to exit beside the tranny

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the same boat as wheelhendrick. I want a muffler with a modular tail piece to exit right behind the transmission centered just like the r you guys made.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with Fireblade and wleehendrick. R style - out the back - no cat, but a no-restriction straight-through muffler so that I can meet track restrictions (as outlined above by Tony). Pipe inlet sized for a Blousch twin-scoll DOM 1.5 (can get exact measurement for you)

Thanks,

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome guys, thanks for the input! We're working this now!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be Interested in one with a twin exhaust tip centered on the transmission with a cat and the high flow muffler.

Post Thanks / Like
    For exit options, I'm looking for near the transmission either a single or dual tip or over and out the side. I don't really want to exit underneath the rear because it would reduce ride height unless a cut-out was made for it. I'm probably most interested in an exit with a chrome bezel around it and should look pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested in a four tip pipe like a Zonda R, no cat or muffler. Or just staright piped out the center of trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ was just thinking of that type of exhaust last night and was considering options on how to get that look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07FIREBLADE View Post
    ^^^ was just thinking of that type of exhaust last night and was considering options on how to get that look.
    I was thinking just welding two, two tips on top of each other. Or you could run four pipes from the turbo all the way back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Figured out what I'm going to do. Hopefully ajw comes out with their exhaust system in the next few weeks or I'm gonna do my own.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want four outlets, would a 4 into 1 collector (as used on extractors) reversed work? You should be able to get one in stainless steel or mild.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol didn't want to spill the beans but that's what I'm going with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xatudor View Post
    If you want four outlets, would a 4 into 1 collector (as used on extractors) reversed work? You should be able to get one in stainless steel or mild.
    Yeah that would work. Would you go one pipe to the back then split? Or spiit from turbo and run back? I guess it would sound different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone had to deal with the Massachusetts emissions inspection yet and what they might be looking for? The donor ECU, O2 sensors, cats, and vapor recovery system need to be as close to "stock" as reasonably possible, so I don't now how much of the OEM exhaust they might insist I try reusing. Of course it won't all fit, so something will need to give. I'm not quite at the roller stage yet, but it would be good to know how to solve the exhaust fitment sooner rather than later. Any thoughts AJW ?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast