Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wiring electric fuel pump

Post Thanks / Like

wiring electric fuel pump

Ok....another wiring question. How do I hook up my electric fuel pump so that it comes on and starts pumping when I turn the key to accessory mode. Remember I'm a idiot when it comes to wiring...so dumb it up for me. Mallory electric pump....in line, Ron Francis Harness
    Last edited by LuckyWinner; 04-23-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rear wiring harness should have two wires identified as being for the electric fuel pump. The wiring harness is set up so the power will be sent when the key is turned on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with RT, as long as you do not modify the Ron Francis harness, it's set up so that the fuel pump will get power when the key is turned to "ON". So, all you have to do is cut the existing fuel pump connector off of the rear harness and splice the tan wire on the harness to the red one the pump and black harness to black pump. Rock and Roll!