FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looping coolant lines together

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI- Jim now recommends not using the U shaped hose on the heater core.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...l=1#post218547
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use a remote thermostat on the output of the engine, and then gut the factory thermostat. This let's you plug all the bypass systems like Jim mentions in that post. But unless you have an aftermarket remote thermostat plugging the heater won't let the factory thermostat open, and you get overheating.

I would suggest something like this. http://m.summitracing.com/parts/cir-71-00023

Because it has an actual bypass port to heat the thermostat, not just a bubbler that allows some flow through to the radiator. I would plumb this bypass port to the throttle body coolant hose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am slightly confused with which steel tubes I can now plug/can't plug. I actually had coolant issues so this might be why. I blocked the heater core line coming up from the thermostat completely and just used the small feeder tube on the side of it to tie into the throttle bottle like it was supposed to. From what I read the thermostat will never open since I have done that and that would make sense because my car would almost overheat at intersections waiting for a green light.

So from my understanding I MUST connect the two heater core steel tubes together but I am able to by pass/plug off the two small throttle body tubes that also tap into the steel lines?

Thanks for all the input this may have just saved me many headaches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12