Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ff 33 harness?

Post Thanks / Like

ff 33 harness?

Just curious on the 33 if a person wants to delete the ff harness and go another route, if anyone can tell me the credit that they take off when you delete the harness when you order the car?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a kit but if you're using a carbureted motor, it's not difficult to make your own. I had a 68' bug that I rewired and ended up with five fuses total. A pull style switch turned on all lights (driving, headlights, gauges) and then a couple extra wires for ignition and alternator. I went to west marine yesterday and found a box made for boats (but it would definitely work to power everything for $139. Sonic electronics sells a cable with six individual wires inside so you can run that around the car. I've seen some builds and the wire harness looks complicated. Anyways, not sure of a credit, but I know you get a credit for the tank delete if going with the Boyd's tank so I'm sure there's a discount. Good luck man.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure why you resurrected this old thread, but the answer is: as of April 2016 FFR gave $350 credit for deleting the Wiring Harness #33430. They also give credit for many other subsystems. Just call or email Courtnie and she'll give you the details.
    Keith