Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Subaru Newb Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Subaru Newb Questions

I'm working on installing my 3 port EBCS and looking at a few different things that may be newb questions for this type of work. 1 port is meant for compressor barb, 1 port is meant for wastegate, and 1 port is labeled intake.

1. I have a Perrin turbo inlet and DIY intake piping. Where do I connect the tiny hose barb that meant to connect to intake? All of my ports on the turbo inlet are 1/2" and this hose is around 3/16". For some reason hose barb adapters are always lacking in the sizes I'm looking for.

2. Where does the turbosmart BPV vacuum line hook to?

Stay tuned for additional newb questions. Feel free to join in.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't have to hook that port to anything. You can connect it to the turbo intake hose (going into the turbo). It doesn't matter according to Jeff Perrin.
    The BOV just needs to connect somewhere on the intake manifold to one of the barbs where there's vacuum/pressure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scargo View Post
    You don't have to hook that port to anything. You can connect it to the turbo intake hose (going into the turbo). It doesn't matter according to Jeff Perrin.
    Interesting, didn't know that.

For the BPV, there's a barb that comes off of the intake manifold below the throttle body, to the left, that's meant for the stock BPV - I'd use that one.