FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wallace18's 65 Coupe build thread.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mjazzka View Post
    Great video, the sound in that thing is incredible! Great job. Any problems reading the gauges behind the steering wheel?

I quite enjoyed the end of the video, lol! A remote is definitely in order.
    No I can read them pretty good 95% of the time. Though it does take a little bit to get used to, IMO. Yea I need a remote, us old guys are not as limber as we used to be, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    This Coupe is now for sale. See for sale forum for details.

65181.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that, so you must have another build in mind.
    What's next ?

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dol View Post
    I noticed that, so you must have another build in mind.
    What's next ?

John
    Could be a MK4????

Post Thanks / Like
    Sold my Coupe to a nice fellow from OK. He is allowing me to deliver the coupe on the 27th of this month. This will allow me to make one long trip FL to OK to MA to FL. I will be picking up my new MK4 kit after delivering the coupe. It was bitter sweet loading up for the last time. I know the new owner will be blown away when I roll it out of the trailer on the 27th. Thanks to all that helped and posted to this thread. I really appreciated every one. TW

IMG_0395.JPGIMG_0396.JPGIMG_0397.JPGIMG_0399.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the sale and the new addition Tom!!
    One question, how the heck do you get in and out of the car in the trailer?

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dol View Post
    Congrats on the sale and the new addition Tom!!
    One question, how the heck do you get in and out of the car in the trailer?

John
    It is called an electric winch. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom:

Congrats on the sale, although I'm actually sad you're selling it, after seeing that work of art in person. I'm glad to hear that you're embarking on an MK4 build.

So, since you're already building an 818 for a customer, will this be a personal build? Are you planning to build both at the same time, or finish the 818 first?

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos C View Post
    Tom:

Congrats on the sale, although I'm actually sad you're selling it, after seeing that work of art in person. I'm glad to hear that you're embarking on an MK4 build.

So, since you're already building an 818 for a customer, will this be a personal build? Are you planning to build both at the same time, or finish the 818 first?

Carlos
    I am still waiting on motors, batteries and controllers for the 818E. I may do some stuff on the MK4 till parts come in for 818E. Once that happens I will concentrate on the 818E till finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way Tom, I watched the video you posted, in which you were driving your Coupe. It was very nice; and yes, it was funny watching you trying to turn off the camera. Not sure if you have this capability, but if you need help editing videos, let me know. I could do quick and simple editing, such as cutting out your struggle with the camera.... or adding graphics, effects, and text, at no charge for you.

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way Tom, I watched the video you posted, in which you were driving your Coupe. It was very nice; and yes, it was funny watching you trying to turn off the camera. Not sure if you have this capability, but if you need help editing videos, let me know. I could do quick and simple editing, such as cutting out your struggle with the camera.... or adding graphics, effects, and text, at no charge for you.

Carlos
    Yes I sure could use your help. But the comedy has value too! LOL. I will let you know in the future for sure. Thanks. I hope your back is doing better.

Post Thanks / Like
    My spine is still messed up, but thanks for asking. Now, hurry up and start the Roadster build, so I can subscribe to it...

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    My spine is still messed up, but thanks for asking. Now, hurry up and start the Roadster build, so I can subscribe to it...

Carlos
    Already did start one. Check out the roadster build threads. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am all loaded up and ready to leave early tomorrow morning to deliver the Coupe to its new owner in Grove, OK. Weather much better there than the east coast for sure.

IMG_0395.JPGIMG_0397.JPGIMG_0399.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    I delivered the coupe to its new owners in Grove,OK. about 9AM thier time. Joe was very happy to see the car in person and was a very happy man! His lovely wife helped us get the car out of the trailer and he drove it into his garage. A work crew working on a new home next door all came over to look at the car. I took some pics, but like the forgetful guy I am I left the cable at home to download the pics to the computer, LOL. It was sad to see it go but to see how Joe was just so happy with the car I built made it heart warming. He was surprized that that car fit him like a glove. He could get in and out of it with ease. My hat is off to him at 70 to do that. He told me this was his holy grail car. So nice to make someones dreams come true. Joe you are now part of the FFR family. Do not forget we are always here to help and share. I hope the car brings you lots of joy and fun times. It sure did for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is me and Joe next to his coupe. Great guy and lovely wife he has as well. He said this was his holy grail car. Glad I could make it come true for him. I hope he has many great times ahead for them with it.

IMG_0408.JPGIMG_0409.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you are truly a class act, Tom. You can see it in the new owner's face! As we all plod on in our own builds, I am sure everyone is looking forward to seeing yet another of yours! I'll especially be looking at your 818E, my dad might be interested in something like that once I'm done with mine.
    Michael
    Coupe #675 "Eloise"

10/14/14 Coupe Ordered - 1/29/15 Coupe Delivered - 5/1/16 First Start
    Build Thread - Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Getting closer to done. I finished up the side windows, rear view mirror and front headlight covers. The RF one was distorted in manufacturing some how. FFR is on the spot with a replacement on the way. I made some more little covers on the interior. Taking it to get windshield on the 13th installed. then final polishing by Huegenics. Then inspection and to the Good Guys National in Kissimmee on the 25th. If you are in Florida look me up there on the 25th. I will have a FFR display and info as well.

Attachment 40350Attachment 40351Attachment 40352
    Hi Wallace,
    Your car looks great, I am curious about the seal material you used between the side window frame and door. It looks professional. Can you share a make and part number?

Post Thanks / Like
    It was just some black door moulding I got from a local auto part store. I think it was Pep Boys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    It was just some black door moulding I got from a local auto part store. I think it was Pep Boys.
    Hi Wallace, thank you for your response. Another question, it looks like you didn't install the quarter window scoops, is this correct. I cracked one of mine and after reading a post by Peter Brock, I am thinking of leaving mine off as well. What are your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron J View Post
    Hi Wallace, thank you for your response. Another question, it looks like you didn't install the quarter window scoops, is this correct. I cracked one of mine and after reading a post by Peter Brock, I am thinking of leaving mine off as well. What are your thoughts?
    I installed rear 1/4 windows from Russ's. I used tinted plastic as I did for all plexiglass windows.

http://www.norcal-cobras.com/store/r...uss_garage.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wallace, I visited Russ and saw his coupe. He had the 1/4 Windows to seal off the cabin and still used the scoops. I was just wondering if you used the scoops as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron J View Post
    Thanks Wallace, I visited Russ and saw his coupe. He had the 1/4 Windows to seal off the cabin and still used the scoops. I was just wondering if you used the scoops as well.
    No I did not. In fact if you look close at the body you can see we molded out the scoop dent.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see that detail now. Thank you for pointing it out. Looks great.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456