Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: speedometer

Post Thanks / Like

speedometer

I have the complete kit and the gauges that came with it (autometer ultralight). I thought the speedometer was digital and could be adjusted by the computer but he says he couldn't do it for some reason.

My question is... are you supposed to be able to change it through the computer or is it mechanical? I have 3.55 gears in the rear end and my speedometer is way off, if I am going about 20mph (this is all a guess because my speedometer isn't working lol) it says around 50

also he couldn't tune it right because he couldn't get it to stop stalling when I come to a light. We called Chip from JMS and he sent a file over that stopped the stalling but it is not running that great... I am just worried that I hooked up something wrong, especially with my speedometer because I had to move some wires around to get the internal lights to work and just wondering if I did something wrong. I posted this question before but didn't get a reply... check it out here.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...iring-Question

obviously I want to get this fixed before I put the body on.

Also when I turn the car off sometimes the tach and speedo don't go back to zero. they will sometimes be at 1,000 rpm and like 80 mph
    Last edited by jackboeker83; 02-23-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The speedometer I received from FFR needed to be calibrated. Call FFR for the instructions. The needles not going to zerro when the engine is turned off is normal.

Bill Lomenick
    Chotis Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    My Autometer Ultralite Speedo came with installation and calibration instructions. If you can't find yours, PM me and I'll scan mine the send them to you.

David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

Post Thanks / Like
    Your aftermarket speedometer is not run through the computer like the factory Coyote Mustang's is, so the tuner can do nothing with the PCM that will make it read right. Most aftermarket speedometers have a calibration procedure that involved driving the car exactly one or exactly two miles in a setup mode. This can be done on the street but the most accurate setup is on the dyno where a hyperaccurate distance can be measured.

-Matthew

Post Thanks / Like
    To avoid all these issue, I got the AutoMeter GPS module:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-5289
    MK3.1 #7076 - Under Construction....
    Coyote 5.0/Solid 8.8/Tremec 3650
    How to:
    Coyote Power Steering
    05-09 T3650 in a Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a GPS speedo after much hassle considering speed sensor and transmission signal. The problem was I could not get the exact face to match the factory five unit because speedhut cant make the gauges without factory five and they would not give permission to do so.

GPS speedo is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonS197 View Post
    To avoid all these issue, I got the AutoMeter GPS module:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-5289