Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K3LAG Electronics - Odometer Reset EEPROMs for sale

Post Thanks / Like

K3LAG Electronics - Odometer Reset EEPROMs for sale

24 May 2015 Update: Only one week left. If you want one of these order before the end of the month!

6 May 2015 Update: I have about 10 parts left. I'm going to pull the plug on this little venture at the end of this month so get them while you can.

21 March 2015 Update: Only about a dozen parts left.

25 February 2015 Update: Good news! Thanks to a some folks here I have been able to recreate the files needed for all three of the USDM clusters. I have 18 parts left that can be programmed as any of the first 3 items below. Get them while they last!

How would you like the odometer on your new 818 to read 000000 miles?

I am now selling EEPROMs that can be installed in your instrument cluster that will reset the odometer to 0 miles. These EEPROMs must be installed in place of the EEPROM that is currently in your cluster. The only difference between the EEPROMs I am selling and your current EEPROM is the odometer value stored in the memory.

There are different EEPROMs for different years and style of clusters. I currently have 5 different varieties.

1. EEPROM02Red: Fits 2002-2003 WRX clusters with 9K tachometer on the right and a single lcd in the middle as shown here:

03Cluster.jpg

2. EEPROM04Green: Fits 2004-2005 WRX clusters with 9K tachometer in the center and a single lcd on the right as shown here:

05cluster.jpg

3. EEPROM06Yellow: Fits 2006 and 2007 WRX clusters with 8K tachometer in the center and two lcd’s as shown here:

06cluster.jpg

It is now confirmed that the Yellow one does work for the 2007. Thanks to svanlare for testing it out.

4. EEPROMJDMBlue: Fits JDM metric clusters as shown below. The image was taken from a New Zealand car. The speedometer is in the middle and there are two LCD displays, one in the center and one on the left. The speedometer is in km/h. Thanks to Junty for sending me his EEPROM to reset and image.

cluster.jpg

5. EEPROMCAN9KSilver: Fits Canadian cars with the 9K tach in the center and metric gauges.

The cost is $30 which includes Priority Mail shipping. Payment is by PayPal or personal check. I will wait for personal checks to clear before shipping.

Stock.jpg

Instruction for disassembling your cluster are here: Cluster Disassembly Instructions

You are fully responsible for obeying the Federal Odometer Act and any relevant state laws!

If you have questions or wish to purchase, please PM me.

Larry
    Last edited by K3LAG; 05-24-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent for EEPROM06Yellow
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way. There is no significance to the colors. It just helps me keep them straight when I have a bunch in front of me. The colored dots don't stick real well, so don't be surprised if they fall off once you get them out of the tube.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!
    When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K3LAG View Post
    By the way. There is no significance to the colors. It just helps me keep them straight when I have a bunch in front of me. The colored dots don't stick real well, so don't be surprised if they fall off once you get them out of the tube.

Larry
    Hey Larry.
    Switch to finger nail polish. it comes in many pretty colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    Hey Larry.
    Switch to finger nail polish. it comes in many pretty colors.
    That it does. But I bet I could get a couple of paint pens at a craft store a lot cheaper. And it wouldn't be quite so girly.

I happened to have the dots on hand. They are pretty old, which is probably why they don't stick so good anymore.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    First batch is ready to ship. They will go out tomorrow.

IMG_0538.jpg

When you get your box, you may think I shipped you an empty box. The box probably weighs more than the contents. To keep you from having to dig through a pile of packing peanuts, I simply taped the packaged EEPROM to the inside of the box to make it easy to find.

IMG_0536.jpg

As always, If you have any questions let me know.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be out of the country for a few weeks in June, so I will not be shipping orders from the 5th until the 25th of June. Any paid orders I get through this weekend I will ship before I leave. I will have sporadic internet access while away so you may see me on here every once in a while. If you want to paypal me money during that time period you can, but I won't ship anything until I return. I would refrain from mailing any checks during that time.

If you watch my build thread while I'm away, you may see some pictures from Switzerland.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    mine was delivered yesterday, thanks!
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Got mine. Thanks Larry. After reading the instructions I think I'd better find an electronic guru to install it rather than my BFH approach. Have a good trip, Larry.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    If any of you want to power up your cluster out of the car to test your odometer it only takes two wires. On the green 10 pin connector on the cluster, put ground on pin 6 and power on pin 10. Be careful not to short to the adjacent pins. That won't activate the entire cluster, but is enough to power up the CPU and get the odometer reading.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    If any of you want to power up your cluster out of the car to test your odometer it only takes two wires. On the green 10 pin connector on the cluster, put ground on pin 6 and power on pin 10. Be careful not to short to the adjacent pins. That won't activate the entire cluster, but is enough to power up the CPU and get the odometer reading.
    Thanks for this update. This will be very helpful!

Post Thanks / Like
    What hex value are you using to get to zero? 00 00 FF FF results in 15 miles.

Disregard. I found your other post where you stated FF FE 00 01 results in 0 miles.
    Last edited by Aero STI; 06-17-2014 at 06:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am back from vacation and ready to start processing orders again.

I have 3 to send out this week.

Plenty of all 3 types are in stock.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Plenty of EEPROMs left. It is now confirmed that the yellow EEPROM does work for the 2007 WRX cluster.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got mine but haven't put it in yet. Here's how Svanlare did it:

[URL="http://http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?13965-svl-818/page2"]

Post Thanks / Like
    Just put mine in yesterday...

P1120061.JPG

works like a champ, all zeros. I also added CF around the gages. I need to put something over Impreza tho
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Just installed the chip and I am now at 000000 Thanks you! Took very little time, most of the time was desoldering the existing chip, very easy process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
    I need to put something over Impreza tho
    This is what I did.

Larry, I'll paypal you for a Yellow EEPROM for my 06 cluster.

Thanks,

Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    and where did you get that decal/sticker?
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
    and where did you get that decal/sticker?
    Hi Dan, I used the FFR Logo (with permission) and got a piston clipart online. I photoshopped them together and had it printed at VinzDecals. Feel free to PM me if you want any more details so we don't clog up Larry's thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have one for my 2002 ts wagon 2.5 n/a engine?
    Kerry Sylvester

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by indiana818 View Post
    Do you have one for my 2002 ts wagon 2.5 n/a engine?
    Kerry Sylvester
    pm'd you.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Finally got around to putting the EPROM in. I brought the cluster in to work to disassemble in the lab, and had a tech do the de/solder. Works perfect, all zeros! Thanks agaian...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    Finally got around to putting the EPROM in. I brought the cluster in to work to disassemble in the lab, and had a tech do the de/solder. Works perfect, all zeros! Thanks agaian...
    Great to hear. It's nice to get feedback from happy folks.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Junty in New Zealand I have a new model that works with some JDM Metric clusters. See first post for details.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I seeing correctly in the cluster disassembly instructions that it's a through-hole part?
    Either way, we'll be after one from you once we pick which of our clusters we're going to run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxguitarist View Post
    Am I seeing correctly in the cluster disassembly instructions that it's a through-hole part?
    Yes, it's a 8 pin through-hole DIP, relatively easy to replace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet, very easy! I'm fine replacing anything except the pads-under-part (whatever the correct name is) surface mount parts, as opposed to the feet extending past the base.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would normally need the green EPROM for my 2004 WRX but I am in Canada, I am not thinking this one will work due to the MPH vs KM's. I see you did a KM one for New Zealand but my cluster looks like the 9K tac in the middle. Would I need to ship you my EPROM and get you to program it? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpyguy View Post
    I would normally need the green EPROM for my 2004 WRX but I am in Canada, I am not thinking this one will work due to the MPH vs KM's. I see you did a KM one for New Zealand but my cluster looks like the 9K tac in the middle. Would I need to ship you my EPROM and get you to program it? Thanks
    Yes, if you send me your EEPROM I could make a copy of it and send you your original and one that is reprogrammed. I do charge a bit extra for this because of the extra time it takes. PM me if you want to pursue this option further.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Larry, just installed it. Quick and easy and worked like a champ. Just out of curiosity what other data resides on that eeprom? Any chance there is any ratio info for the speedometer?

Post Thanks / Like
    There doesn't seem to be any way to change ratios in the EEPROM. Some of the other stuff that is in there is whether or not you have temperature display and whether is is F or C and which dial is the speedo vs the tach. One guy tried to use a EEPROM from the wrong year and his speedo and tach swapped places.

I haven't found anyone yet that has deciphered the entire thing.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    I've now got a model that fits Canadian cars with the 9K tach in the center.

Sales have dropped off a fair bit, so I will likely end this project when my current stock of about 20 parts runs out.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Larry, I bought a EEPROM from you months ago for my 07 WRX and it's still on my desk because soldering it onto the circuit board makes me nervous - I don't have the skill, experience or the tools for that kind of work. Can I pay you to put my EEPROM onto my circuit board? Or can you refer me to someone? After studying your instructions, I can disassemble the instrument cluster and then ship just the circuit board and EEPROM to you, or someone else, who can do the soldering. I'll set up round-trip Next Day Air.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    Larry, I bought a EEPROM from you months ago for my 07 WRX and it's still on my desk because soldering it onto the circuit board makes me nervous - I don't have the skill, experience or the tools for that kind of work. Can I pay you to put my EEPROM onto my circuit board? Or can you refer me to someone? After studying your instructions, I can disassemble the instrument cluster and then ship just the circuit board and EEPROM to you, or someone else, who can do the soldering. I'll set up round-trip Next Day Air.

Pete
    Pete,

Before you spend the money to ship your board both ways to and from me you might try to find someone local to do it. If you take the board out, you can probably find someone to do it pretty inexpensively as it shouldn't take them very long to do the work. I Googled 'TV repair scottsdale az' and 'audio repair scottsdale az' and found a few local businesses that looked promising. Of course, I don't know any more than what their web pages say.

Try calling a couple of them and feel it out. If that doesn't pan out for you, PM me and we'll figure something out.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Only two weeks until Christmas. These are nice and small and would make great stocking stuffers.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Larry, you are correct. I had the square little thingy soldered into the lumpy flat thingy (all technical terms) by Bob's TV Repair yesterday for $25 while I waited. I thought modern TVs were all disposable but Bob's been fixing TVs for 50 years and has a 2-week backlog. I'm amazed there are still TV repairmen!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    Larry, you are correct. I had the square little thingy soldered into the lumpy flat thingy (all technical terms) by Bob's TV Repair yesterday for $25 while I waited. I thought modern TVs were all disposable but Bob's been fixing TVs for 50 years and has a 2-week backlog. I'm amazed there are still TV repairmen!
    Pete,

I'm glad that worked out. I'm always happy to give local businesses like that my business when I can. If we don't use them, they won't be around when we need them.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    YIPPEE! My odometer now reads 000000! I put the gauge pod back together after I put "818" over the Impreza logo and polished scratches out of the clear face.

As Larry said, this little goody would make a perfect stocking stuffer. However, if you put it in your wife's stocking you'd better have a backup gift because she won't appreciate this EEPROM . . . unless her name is Tamra, that is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast