Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wareham Special Design Project

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    They are amazing, considering only 3 in the band, sounds more then that if you didn't know better.

I have always found it interesting that Rush does song about revolting against Totalitarianism or an Dystopia society, and the way the world is going now, it's like Rush saw it coming, maybe even trying to warn us in away.

David
    They are some seriously intelligent dudes, very well educated, and they ROCK too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I added an Album, which I'll put a link in Post #1 for.

Album: Wareham Special Design Project

Here is what is done so far, which I talked about in the Padanaram / Wareham Design Project thread.

Update: Still working on the side view mostly. There is still a lot of work to be done, shading reflections, details etc. Working on the front and side at the same time.

The rear tail light will be frenched in. Not sure which ones to go with just yet, either the orig or the 1950 Pontiac ones. The front turn signal light will also be frenched in.

The rear area (which you can't see from this view) has been reshaped. The 2 "dimple" areas between the tail light area and the trunk have been smoothed out to create a smooth transition from side to side on the rear view, also the rear from top to bottom on the side view has been more made more horz.

Still working with different ideas for the side pipe heat shield and some other windscreen options.

In the meantime here is a Mock-up of the Side View

Right now I am working on laying out everything on the front.

more to come....

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Just needs a slightly angled back roll bar to look even cooler! Just my opinion. Looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with chopthebass.. if the roll bar were angled back a bit.. mmm might be a little better .. however excellent the way the windows sweep around the side .. like an extension of the windshield.. I like it. .I like it a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That looks very cool so far, and I agree with the angled rollbar.

2 comments:
    1. I like the before and after picture you posted of the windshield / cowl / hood area. Can you do a similar comparison for the full side shot? Helps to see what's been enhanced.
    2. Please "fix" the rear fender front area. This is an inherent FFR design issue, but it really stands out when you are just looking at a full side view.

Cool exercise. I'd enjoy seeing someone take it to reality. (if nothing else, I'm sure you've sparked some creative mods for some builders here!)
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments

Tilting the rollbar back some is on my "to do list", nice to know that some noticed that.

I plan on doing a before and after comparisons of the side, front and rear views, either as I go along and or once finished.

The rear fender area just in front of the tire is going to stay the same as it is for right now. Not sure what to do about it just yet, I have a few ideas in mind. I know that a lot of people have brought that up, being that it makes the rear tire look off center. I know Dave Smith and FFR are trying to keep to true as possible, so I understand that.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Working on the front. There is still a lot of shading, shadows, reflections, details etc. to be done, but for now here is a Mock-up.

Wareham Special Front Mock-up

Larger view
    Last edited by Vman7; 03-28-2015 at 12:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Since I am getting some suggestions about the side look on the other web site, which brings me back to the orig. idea I had in mind. I have decided, at least for right now. To give the fenders a shave.....lol from what I can tell from scaling out the front and rear views. It looks like the front fender flares are about 1.75" to 2". So I am thinking about taking out anywhere from 1" to 1.5", which of course I would have to take out of the rear fender and resphape the foward section to give it more of a rounded look close to the Ferrari 375/500. There will be a slight front flare but not much, mostly due to if I take the whole fender flare, then the tires will get real narrow, I would like to keep an option for at least somewhat of a wider tires for front and rear. I was thinking somewhere between 255 to 275 rear/ 205 to 225 front.

or should I get rid of the flares totally? and not worry about how wide of tires you can get on it. I think it would bring it more into that '50s look. For me I don't have a problem with the narrower tires.

I thinking about taking a break for a few weeks on this and work on some '33 stuff, since I know some ppl might be waiting for some new stuff there, and besides the '33 is my favorite to work on anyways. So I will probably be going back and forth.

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12