Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Custom GTM Interior Work?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Custom GTM Interior Work?

I've got a couple of questions regarding custom interior work. I may have the opportunity to offer custom interior work to all of you guys, and I'm wondering if I could get some input. First off, here are some pics I'm going to use for an example of what I'm talking about:

Assuming I could come up with a package similar to this with custom stitched dash, waterfall, door panels, seat covers, higher quality carpet and tunnel covering, custom stitched headliner......................

1. What do you think would be a fair price to charge for this?.....assuming that the customer would pre-fit all components to the body and chassis and send me all of the dash and door panels for me to re-cover. I would send back the re-covered items as well as a complete package of pre-cut carpet and coverings for the tunnel, tank covers, cockpit side-walls, seat covers, headliner, etc......

2. How many of you guys would be interested in doing this? I know the Gen II is supposed to be nicer and already stitched, but I'm guessing there are still plenty of guys out there who are going to want some custom stuff like this to "up-grade" the appearance.

Let me know your comments and thoughts on this. I've had a lot of questions about this in the past from potential customers on full GTM builds, and until recently, I've never had a local place to get this type of work done. That situation may change soon.............
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that it has become a proven fact that: If you build it or provide it, we will buy!

If the prices are as reasonable as the other parts that you supply, I can't imagine people here not being interested.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Shane,
    I would welcome the option. Could you include the Mike Downs roll bar covers? I have no idea on the cost of something like this, but just like The Stig stated, if it's reasonable we'll buy it. What do you sell for the Gen2 that I don't have?...............
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    If you wanted the Mike Downs roll bar covers, probably your best bet would be to purchase them and pre-fit them to your car and then send them to me to cover.

As for Gen II stuff, that will all come as I get my plasma table completed. First Gen II items on my list will be the diffuser "gap" filler, hatch louvers and front grille. Hopefully the plasma table will be completed within a month or so. Supposed to get all of the motors and controls for it this week.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    If you wanted the Mike Downs roll bar covers, probably your best bet would be to purchase them and pre-fit them to your car and then send them to me to cover.

As for Gen II stuff, that will all come as I get my plasma table completed. First Gen II items on my list will be the diffuser "gap" filler, hatch louvers and front grille. Hopefully the plasma table will be completed within a month or so. Supposed to get all of the motors and controls for it this week.
    Shane,
    I have the roll bar covers now and they were molded with a little excess for fitting. Still a ways from that part of the build.

.....I purchased a Gen1 diffuser from FFR. Do you think you gap filler would work with it mounted as the gen2 is? I think I'm as eager about you new plasma table as you are. Thanks.

R/s
    Vidal
    Last edited by VD2021; 04-13-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    R/s
    Vidal
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were you, I'd just mount up the Gen I Diffuser like it was meant to be and use some diffuser louvers. The Gen II diffuser is a totally different shape at the rear with square corners instead of being rounded to match the body, so there's no way the (future) Gen II "gap-filler" panel will work with a Gen I diffuser.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    If I were you, I'd just mount up the Gen I Diffuser like it was meant to be and use some diffuser louvers. The Gen II diffuser is a totally different shape at the rear with square corners instead of being rounded to match the body, so there's no way the (future) Gen II "gap-filler" panel will work with a Gen I diffuser.
    Solid copy. I have your v2 diffuser louvers........You have to get you table set so I'll more stuff to buy... Thanks Shane.
    R/s
    Vidal
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE: