Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ford Racing Z363 with a Tremec T56 Magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Ford Racing Z363 with a Tremec T56 Magnum

Though I'm still in planning mode I thought I would ask if anyone has ran this combo in a 33. I read a thread about an oil pan problem but didn't see if there was a resolution for it. Also, I did not see a lot about any difference between the T56 and the T56 Magnum. At this point I'm still between dreaming and reality so it is much easier to make changes. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks, Steve

Post Thanks / Like

z363

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    Though I'm still in planning mode I thought I would ask if anyone has ran this combo in a 33. I read a thread about an oil pan problem but didn't see if there was a resolution for it. Also, I did not see a lot about any difference between the T56 and the T56 Magnum. At this point I'm still between dreaming and reality so it is much easier to make changes. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks, Steve
    I used the z363 in my 33 the pan does not fit I removed mine and cut out the front corners out of the pan and welded it back together. it was an easy fix . as far as the trans I put an aod in if I were to do it again I would just use a three speed auto with no over drive. a manual is a great way to go but the foot box is very small and with a clutch pedal there is no room to rest your foot . if you are young and not to tall a manual is the way to go . if you are old and fat like me I needed to go with auto for comfort .

Post Thanks / Like
    Talked to the Tech support guys earlier today and they recommend that a T56 or T6060 is not supported. They feel it would require extensive modifications to the kit. One mod mentioned was the driveshaft which is really a non issue, been custom making them for years. My real concern on the T56 is how would I route and setup the hydraulics versus a cable for the clutch release?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mike Forte, a vendor here, has a hydraulic slave cylinder setup and if you are using the Wilwood peddle assembly a clutch master cylinder bolts on with no problem.

Bill Lomenick
    Chotis Bill

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOTIS BILL View Post
    Mike Forte, a vendor here, has a hydraulic slave cylinder setup and if you are using the Wilwood peddle assembly a clutch master cylinder bolts on with no problem.

Bill Lomenick
    I was going to mention that but Bill got there first. However, I would like to add a small note. Forte has a "push" or "pull" hydraulic system, I think. So a hydraulic solution of some kind will usually be available for you. In the 33 it's pretty tight under there with the exhaust but the hydraulic way gets around the movement of associated linkage or a straight line pathway for the clutch cable so if you just have a couple of inches clearance for movement of the fork then it will work.

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the T56, at least the one with the LS Motors has a hydraulic slave so the hydraulic line hooks up inside the bell housing, no cables to worry about. On the other end though, it depends on a connection between the Master and the Clutch Pedal, Usually through the Firewall. That would be my area of concern, plus the physical dimensions of the T56 versus supported transmissions. The driveshaft length issues are easily solved, transmission mounting and tunnel issues maybe not so easy. Does that make sense, or am I missing something? Not a lot of response so I'll just add the FFR Techs indicate the Wildwood Pedal Box has an extra hydraulic Master Cylinder position so y9ou can mount three. Would work perfect for the T56. T56 apparently fit as well. Remaining question is what bellhousing works best with them?
    Last edited by wrp; 08-27-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Asked ffr and was told driveline would be to short. With IRS is that a problem? Wanted 6 speed with aluminator.
    Thanks T56 mag