Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: door striker bracket is wrong and won't bolt up

Post Thanks / Like

door striker bracket is wrong and won't bolt up

problem solved
    Last edited by indiana818; 10-12-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the bracket for the striker plate only matches the body in one place. What worked for me was to first align the bracket to the body. Everything else was aligned to it. Even so a shim was reqired to not pull the body and match the door frame on one side.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    my bad just fixed

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm exactly at that point today.

How much grinding did you have to do to get the bracket to align to the body and get the bolts aligned into their mounting slots? I'm seeing a lot needs to be removed to get the bracket to swing up to align with the panel. So before I jump dumb...let me know what you found.

Thanks

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    I managed to get mine to fit...barely. My issue was that the brackets were bent wrong. I even have two sets, and they're both bent wrong. The angle of the piece doesn't match the angle of the body. Look at the bracket and you'll see two little half circle divots. these are meant to be the start and end of the crease. Mine was off by 1/4" which results in a much different angle.

I finally got it to go by making everything loose then forcing in the carriage bolts. Just barely made it.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    Thanks Wayne, I had already printed your post and am impressed that you analysed the set-up and did it in a way that started with the critical "Spine" of the whole deal and then added the rest of the "skeleton" which leads to a really decent job.

My question was about the striker to chassis bracket which is what Mechie3 has addressed in his post....exactly my problem and I have already massage mine in a similsr way to him.....there was clearly no "trick" that I was missing.

Anyway I'm not ashamed to ask questions, even if they may be stupid.

Thanks again for this door-post (love puns) and all the post of your which have helped me.

fred

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post
    I managed to get mine to fit...barely. My issue was that the brackets were bent wrong. I even have two sets, and they're both bent wrong. The angle of the piece doesn't match the angle of the body. Look at the bracket and you'll see two little half circle divots. these are meant to be the start and end of the crease. Mine was off by 1/4" which results in a much different angle.

I finally got it to go by making everything loose then forcing in the carriage bolts. Just barely made it.
    Thanks Craig, you have confirmed that my problem required "strong" medicine to get those brackets to be make them usable. Which I have already done...there wasn't any other possibility. I've got the top slot flush with the fiber glass and will use a spacer on the lower to fill the gap between the bracket and the fiberglass......then proceed along Wayne's fitting directions.

Thanks
    fred

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea mine, are close, but not exactly flush. The bolts line up though, so I'll probably add a spacer as well.