Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Frustration Rant!

Post Thanks / Like

Frustration Rant!

Ok with all the design stuff I work on and not really going anywhere etc. All of the crap hitting the fan here at home with a lot of unexpected expenses the last few months, no job prospects, having to make my mind up on what to decide which direction to go with going back to school with something I have the best chance at getting a job, preferably a career once I get out of school. The direction or lack of your country is going etc.

Here is my rant:
    @%$#89%$#@ and @!#$%*#@$%&*@!#$%*#@$%&*@%$#89%$#@ and @!#$%*#@$%&*@!#$%*#@$%&*@%$#89%$#@ and @!#$%*#@$%&*@!#$%*#@$%&*@%$#89%$#@ and @!#$%*#@$%&*@!#$%*#@$%&*

Ok now that I blew off some steam......lol what was I working on again, oh yeah I remember.....lol back to photoshop

David

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Easy David, put down the AR and hand grenades! I feel your pain dude. I know you want to get more out of this than kind comments on your designs and I think you can. It's obvious you've got talent. I wasn't really happy with the way the design contest played out and I didn't even have a horse in the race myself. I know we talked about the school thing, maybe take some time and see what is out there doing some cad work for a company, and maybe then making some things on your own on the side or even progressing into full time. Take a breath and let your mind clear. Are there any companies to prospect in your area to do cad work? I know I'm not the only one who wants to see your designs come to life.
    Last edited by carbon fiber; 06-21-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    Easy David, put down the AR and hand grenades! I feel your pain dude. I know you want to get more out of this than kind comments on your designs and I think you can. It's obvious you've got talent. I wasn't really happy with the way the design contest played out and I didn't even have a horse in the race myself. I know we talked about the school thing, maybe take some time and see what is out there doing some cad work for a company, and maybe then making some things on your own on the side or even progressing into full time. Take a breath and let your mind clear. Are there any companies to prospect in your area to do cad work?
    Not really any so called CAD work around here in orlando, and the ones that do show up from time to time want you to know certain kinds of software and have experience up the wazu.

I have had to do a lot of research on job market trends for the VA in order to get the programs I am interested in, and the job outlook for graphics and and CAD stuff is not that good. So I am looking at other areas that are not graphics or CAD related that have a better chance of sucess for job prospects once I finish school. But here is the kicker, they can only be job related to my aptitude tests I took at the VA. There is a bunch of stuff that has to align before the VA will allow me to go to school. I can't blame them, since they are paying for it.

David

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see what you're saying, it's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place I know. I hope things work out, you've got to much talent to let it go to waste. Stay positive and determined man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    I see what you're saying, it's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place I know. I hope things work out, you've got to much talent to let it go to waste. Stay positive and determined man.
    Story of my life.....lol I am used to it, it really doesn't bother me that much. It is what it is, just have to deal with thingsthe best I can.

I was mostly just making fun of the frustration in post #1.......lol

but I will say this, no matter what it is, there does come a point of which we have to make a decision on which to continue, put on the back burner or just move on. I am not to the move on part yet, but am getting close to really putting everything on the back burner.

I have to get to work, and I hate to say it but I might have to get whatever I can at this point, which really pisses me off, because it puts me right back in the same ole boat I have been in for more then 30 yr.s, jobs that never go anywhere.

If I don't do something within the next year, I will be out on the street, seroiusly!

Ok I normally don't post stuff like this, I mostly keep my problems to myself, but I had to vent somewhere.......lol

Ok back to working on something

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 06-21-2014 at 07:26 PM.