FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Howdy!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Howdy!

Howdy!

I just joined the forums, although I have been trolling through the forums (especially the 818) for quite a while. After looking at all the kit cars, my eye has turned to the 818S for its looks, performance, and of course price. As such I have been going through a ton of build threads, looking at how to get a donor car, pretty much a little of everything to kind of get my mind around building one of these. I'm hoping to start within the next two years or so, when I am out of school and have my own house and garage (hopefully two or three-car).

On that note, maybe ya'll can help me out. I would really like to check out an 818 just to see one in person and see up close what I'll be getting myself into. With that in mind, does anyone live near Pittsburgh, PA where I could come check one out? If someone has another kit that is around I would love to see that too, I just have my eye on the 818. Should I post this on the 818 thread as well?

I forgot to give some of my bio info... I am actually only in Pittsburgh for the summer, my permanent residence is in Houston. I'm currently a student finishing up a Mech. E degree, and will graduate in December. I took an automotive engineering class this past semester and I learned a lot, and I would really like to apply that knowledge to a car I can build with my own hands. I play trumpet, love Whataburger (like any true Texan), and can throw the Ultimate disc with the best of them (with or without beer can in hand).

I am looking forward to learning as much as I can, so be prepared for the stupid questions too! (Insert stupid question idiom here...)

Thanks!

-mjazzka
    Last edited by mjazzka; 06-30-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Forgot Bio