Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GTM 330 Graduation Thread!

Post Thanks / Like

GTM 330 Graduation Thread!

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone that helped me accomplish this. There are so many guys on here that contributed with out even knowing by just posting and sharing there knowledge. Its this community that separates these cars from the kit cars of the old days.

I originally purchased my GTM to build myself like many of you but soon after accepting delivery of my car I was asked to take part in a 4+ year contract overseas. I knew that after spending so much time away from my family that I would not want to come home and slave on this car nights and weekends. I am sure my son would have loved to help but trust me we have plenty of father son projects lined up! After a little research I decided to send the car to the best in the business V Raptor Speedworks! Shane has worked with me on this car from start to finish and has been more than accommodating to my situation! I had so many ideas for my GTM that were really far out there and hard to explain over the phone but Shane took the time and everything cam out better than expected! The work he has done on this car is incredible. There are countless brackets and modifications to my car that I didn't even have any idea he was going to do. I am absolutely sure I have the most professionally built GTM out there hands down (no offense to anyone's hard work ) There were countless modifications to this car that forced more and more modifications for everything to work. So hats off to Shane, the wizard!

I drove to Iowa to pick up the car. When I returned home my 7yr old son first looked at it and said "That will win the science fair" LOL. Little guy is in the 1st grade, hilarious. He also got the first drive and just loves everything about it! Pay no attention to the mostly packed up garage guys.

The list
    Mast Motorsports 454 LSX iron block 960hp total
    Race Logic Traction Control
    G96/88 911 997 GT2 6speed
    ISIS - everything they have
    PUR 4OUR 19X13 and 19X9.5 wheels
    Zex LS Perimeter Plate Nitrous system
    Aluminum fuel tanks
    Tillet B5 seats
    And so much more!

Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks awesome, that paint is crazy! I'm sure were gonna see some vids soon?! Still needs some cf door panels too, If your still interested. Congrats, and props to Shane for another great build. PM sent.
    Last edited by carbon fiber; 06-11-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have loved a set but the side impact bars didnt even leave any room for the speakers! Shane had to redo the entire door panel, its just totally flat now to clear the bar. Its so close when I close the door I cant even stick my finger down in between the panel and the bars! Sadly I am back overseas so there wont be any videos for a while

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I was worried about before when we talked. I'd be glad to make some vids of the car myself, when can I pick it up?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Better get working on those arms. They are looking a bit flabby.

Awesome job, now aren't you glad you went orange?

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow that car is nice.

Sure is great to see all of your plans came together.

Hmm 960 hp. Yeah that's a good number.

I love the impression a GTM makes on kids. I'm sure your car knocks their socks off!

Great job

John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    That car is awesome! That color is insane! I can't get over how beautiful your car looks. What an amazing job.

Your son looks pretty happy, and I love his comment about the science fair!

Get back home safely and let us see some more soon.

Congratulations.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    That thing is so sick, what an amazing car.

Post Thanks / Like
    John big thanks to you for all the roll cage ideas! Kalstar brother from another mother LOL. Yes the orange is incredible. I think its a mix of Orange, Gold and Copper! The thing came out incredible! I really hope to get this thing to some of the 1/2 mile and mile run events next year. Get this thing all dialed in and see what she will do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here she sits in a custom built trailer. I dont have any really good safe idea of how I would be able to transport this car in a trailer without these ramps! I would really fear the back fenders contacting the inner fender well of the trailer. And as a bonus I have found a place to change the oil in all my cars :001_tt1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see the cross straps on the tow rig as these things can move around quite a bit.

That exhaust looks pretty white. You running race gas, or is there just very little time on the engine?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Very little time on the engine. I might have had the chance to drive the car 1 mile total while i was home. There just was not enough time. And yes cross straps should be mandatory for any car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice! Congratulations!!!

I love the ramps in the trailer.

I had my car moved from a shop here in town to my house, and the guy that moved the car swung the door open, right into the trailer's inner fender.

Beautiful car!

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I think his arms are big from getting in and out of that car, just kidding... I love that color and rear fenders... Sick..... Yes .... Sick from envy too. JJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice color

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow. Love that setup. I see we used the same vents for the Air from the Audi TT. They are the coolest and you did a great job integrating them into the dash. Ergonomics are tough in these cars so your work is appreciated beyond belief! Love those Tillet Seats. Always wanted a set but they are a commitment to cost for sure. At this level though, you made the right move to go all out. Amazing job.