Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1965 Factory Five Mark III Roadster #6050 For Sale - built/registered in gel coat

Post Thanks / Like

1965 Factory Five Mark III Roadster #6050 For Sale - built/registered in gel coat

NO LONGER FOR SALE - Thanks for looking but I decided to just keep it. -Paul D, 7/27/14

I ordered this as a kit in 2007 and completed the build (well, at least enough to drive it) by 2009. My intention was to keep it forever. However, with a kid in college, reduced income, and other interests, priorities have changed and I simply do not have the time to enjoy it anymore. I would like to see it go to another enthusiast who will drive it and enjoy it.

I built the car to drive, and as you can see, it is still in the factory gel coat never having body work done. Since registering it in 2009, I have driven it about 2700 miles. It has always been stored indoors under a cover. Other than the one time I got caught in the rain, it has never been wet.

I could see someone buying this, finishing the body work, and having a nice FFR for less than buying the kit and a donor car. It is already titled, registered and passes NH State Inspection.

There are some minor issues listed below. I will answer any question honestly and openly. That is how I roll.

Let’s face it… It is not a luxury car. It is loud, hot, has no stereo, no top, and is not very comfortable for long trips. But for many Cobra lovers, you know will get to love it anyway. It is probably the purest form of sports car I will ever own. When you drive it, you get thumbs up from Corvettes, Street Rods, and just about any other enthusiast.

I looked at what I have in it and feel am asking a fair price considering what I put into this in money, sweat and blood. I am open to reasonable negotiation, but am not going to give it away. Please email me with questions and if you want to discuss, we can arrange a phone call.

My email address is [email protected]. Car is currently garaged in Southern New Hampshire.

Engine Details:
    • Ford 302 (4.9L) out of a 1991 Mustang GT 5.0 – donor car was reading 44,000 miles.
    • Upgraded Ford Cobra Intake Manifold
    • Engine was cleaned and painted Ford Blue
    • Only the alternator remains – all other accessories removed (PS, AC, etc.)
    • Manifolds, Cats and Exhaust pipes all ceramic coated to look like brushed aluminum.

Transmission Details:
    • Ford T-5 5-speed out of a 1991 Mustang GT 5.0
    • Clutch was new when I bought the donor
    • New Clutch cable during build
    • Original drive shortened and balanced by local machine shop

Rear Axle:
    • Ford 8.8” out of a 1991 Mustang GT 5.0
    • Original 308 gears
    • Half-shafts replaced for 5-lug wheels

Suspension
    • Front FFR Upper and Lower Control Arms with FFR Coil-over shocks
    • 5-lug wheels
    • 4-link rear (like factory Mustang)
    • FFR Upper and Lower Control Arms
    • Factory Mustang springs with KYB shocks

Brakes, Wheels, Tires
    • New 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra brakes front and rear
    • New Master Cylinder
    • New American Muscle Bullitt Wheels – Front – 17x9, Rear 17x10.5
    • New Tires – Front – 275/40-17, Rear – 315/35-17

Chassis:
    • FFR Factory Powder Coated blank

Electrical
    • New Ron Francis Wiring Harness (designed for the FFR Roadster)
    • New RJM Fuel Injection Harness connected to the original unmodded Mustang ECM
    • Breeze Battery tray under trunk floor.

Interior:
    • Left interior Spartan with just the aluminum panels because I like the look.
    • Original FFR Kit carpet kit (still in box) included
    • Original style seats
    • Autometer Vintage Gauges

Body
    • Black powder coated roll bar
    • Locking boot (trunk) lid
    • No bonnet (hood) hinges – held on with pins and rear locking handles as it should be.

Known Issues:
    • Wipers do not work – they will cycle but I never debugged them working properly.
    • There is a smell of gas when you fill up the tank. I suspect there is a leak at the top but I could never find it. My plan was to replace the entire tank, sending unit and fuel pump, which all came from the donor car.
    • All the lights work fine, but the dash indicators for the left signal and high-beams occasionally do not work. Usually tapping it gets them to come on indicative of a bad ground on the bulb.

Build Photo Gallery:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+PaulDiMarco/albums/5259024677135843793

Various Videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI-B...X7LjNF84u7c1uA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJhU...X7LjNF84u7c1uA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fSe...X7LjNF84u7c1uA

Spreadsheet of costs and details:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B27urRA_q564d05wbWVNSk5VT3c/edit?usp=sharing

Cobra 2.jpgCobra 3.jpgCobra 4.jpg
    Last edited by pdimarco65; 07-27-2014 at 06:04 AM. Reason: <correction on donor engine mileage>

Post Thanks / Like
    As an update to this, I found the title from the donor car (Massachusetts) dated 2006. It states that the car was a recovered theft, and reflects 40,000 actual miles. So, the donor engine had 44,000 miles, not 144,000 miles.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have FFR 6046 (practically siblings). Just thought I would mention that I have around 29K in mine at this time on the road with black lacquer but not a professional job. It's really hard to keep it under 30k so that doesn't sound like a bad price. Good luck selling her. Maybe you'll do a MKIV when the dust clears!

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    And I need to see this tossed in my drooling face when I live next door to you in Litchfield?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all you expressed an interest. After meeting many great people, and even letting one drive it, I decided to just keep it. It may stay in gelcoat a few more years but after consulting with several friends, and having a beautiful drive last night, I'd be crazy to sell this. Thank you all again.