Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aluminum Fuel Tank GTM Boyd Welding

Post Thanks / Like

Aluminum Fuel Tank GTM Boyd Welding

Our replacement aluminum tanks for the GTM are now available on our website. http://www.fueltankparts.com/replace...-five-gtm.html

IMG_4352.jpgIMG_4351.jpgIMG_4350.jpgIMG_4349.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBoyd View Post
    Our replacement aluminum tanks for the GTM are now available on our website. http://www.fueltankparts.com/replace...-five-gtm.html

IMG_4352.jpgIMG_4351.jpgIMG_4350.jpgIMG_4349.jpg
    Are you aware that another forum vendor already provides this replacement part? Not saying yours isn't slightly different or that there is some obligation to not make a part that some other vendor already provides, but maybe get you two talking so there are no hard feelings? I know I was more than ticked off when another forum member copied my part that I had developed TO THE TEE and then suggested that he makes them much cheaper than me and, well, there it was. He wasn't/isn't even a vendor. Just trying to head off any potential problems.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Are you aware that another forum vendor already provides this replacement part? Not saying yours isn't slightly different or that there is some obligation to not make a part that some other vendor already provides, but maybe get you two talking so there are no hard feelings? I know I was more than ticked off when another forum member copied my part that I had developed TO THE TEE and then suggested that he makes them much cheaper than me and, well, there it was. He wasn't/isn't even a vendor. Just trying to head off any potential problems.
    Hi crash, Thank you for your feedback. Until just now I was not aware of anyone building aluminum tanks for the GTM. With that comment it prompted me to do a quick google search to see what or who you were referring to, now i see what you are talking about.
    I assure you that the few similarities, Mostly regarding the tank shape is purely coincidental because of the unique location in the chassis provided by FF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the tanks sold as complete as in the pictures ?

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto51 View Post
    Are the tanks sold as complete as in the pictures ?

Ron
    Hi Ron,

Here is the description from our website,

Product# 14037

Tank Material: 1/8" Aluminum

Fill: 2.25 OD

Crossover Vents: 1/4" NPT with Brass barbs included

-16 AN Male for crossover tube

CNC Machined Flanges to accept OEM Pump systems.

These flanges were designed to be used with the pump system from a 2008 Z06 Part numbers 15785205 and 15785204 but should be the same pumps in 2004-2012 corvettes and XLR.

Pumps Shown are NOT included

Both Tanks are Included