FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Milestone Weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Milestone Weekend

Last weekend with the help of my son and my son-in-law, we put the body back on the chassis for(fingers crossed) the last time. A bit nerve wracking, but nothing unexpected. I have not trimmed the rear lower panel, and since switched to a Mustang fuel tank. It took some wrangling, but managed to get the angle right, and it slid right on.
    After installing the nose, it was a bit off on the alignment front to back, but I have room to adjust. Still on this weekend's list.
    Last night, I installed the doors and adjusted to an acceptable gap for me. They open and close good with the only spot I may address is the lower drivers corner. It is not flush with the body and it was closer before I disassembled for paint.
    I also installed the quarter windows and aluminum flashing in the area behind the side pipes. I saw this on another build and like the look of the aluminum peeking behind the pipes. Gave the car the impression of being made from aluminum.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking great, I like this color on coupes.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Rob-

She is really coming together beautifully! Very nice build.

I have been meaning to ask you, are you working in a storage facility because of the some of the neighborhood HOA rules there in Virginia Beach?

I look forward to seeing her when she is finished, and I know you must feel likewise. Great pictures!

Regards,

Steve

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great progress and looks really nice in that color.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies and encouragement guys.

Steve, I am building in a storage facility. I sold my house two years ago and have not decided on building or buying another as yet. My living arrangements have cut my expenses dramatically, so paying for the storage unit as a makeshift garage is now just part of my living expenses. No HOA rules in my decision. The facility is quite nice with gated access and security. Several car guys with toys are present. There is a really nice 70 Mach I and an AMX on the same aisle as mine.
    The unit is actually 3 units with the walls taken down, so I have 20 x 30 feet, two with 18' ceilings. The previous tenant installed a few lights and electrical. The down side, it is wired into the outside lighting, so it only works when the exterior lights come on. I have a small generator for my tools during the day, if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rob-

Thanks for the response. That sounds like a pretty nice set-up! It's a nice bonus to have some nice neighbors as well. Between battery operated tools and the generator, even the power situation doesn't sound too difficult to work around.

Based on the results you posted above, we all should be building in a storage facility!! The color is awesome. Really a beautiful job!

Regards,

Steve