FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Some Eye Candy

Post Thanks / Like

Some Eye Candy

Attended a charity car show on Sunday. Here's some eye-candy you guys may like.

And the one and only FF 33 present.

Post Thanks / Like
    My personal favourite of the whole show.

Attitude...........

I can see a FF '33 in this style.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the pics

Quote Originally Posted by MT-ED View Post
    My personal favourite of the whole show.
    Attitude...........
    I can see a FF '33 in this style.
    The PU 33 is something we have just been chatting about. To make it look right IMO the 33 PU would need about an 8" stretch in wheelbase.
    That happens to be roughly what Glenn started with on his 33/C6/Vette IRS torque tube set-up. Should work on the sedan delivery and maybe on the woody too.

I have never seen a Gremlin X with side pipes before, did it look OK in person?

BTW
    Your Canuck was showing in the line above

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    The PU 33 is something we have just been chatting about. To make it look right IMO the 33 PU would need about an 8" stretch in wheelbase.
    That happens to be roughly what Glenn started with on his 33/C6/Vette IRS torque tube set-up. Should work on the sedan delivery and maybe on the woody too.

I have never seen a Gremlin X with side pipes before, did it look OK in person?

BTW
    Your Canuck was showing in the line above
    Yes, I agree on the stretched wheelbase. Needs it proportionately.

You know? There were around 1500 cars at this show and to be honest I looked at the photo of the red coupe and thought, "Oh look, there was a Gremlin there!". I never even registered it at the time, so all I know is what you've seen. we had some spells of rain, so I was just merrily snapping away at the cars I liked and ignoring pretty much everything else. Stormy weather.............

All pictures are here: http://s166.photobucket.com/user/Mar...?sort=2&page=1
    Last edited by MT-ED; 07-24-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh there is that funky green FFR 33 again.....lol The one that has the nice rear fenders!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dale, 8" wheelbase stretch would be way to much on the FFR 33 Coupe/Roadster pickup. I layed it out once as far as 4" and even that was a little to long. 2"-3" inches looks about right. Doesn't take much to make a difference. Have to remember it's not a true pickup, it's a combo of a car with a pickup bed. A true pickup would have a smaller cab.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    Dale, 8" wheelbase stretch would be way to much on the FFR 33 Coupe/Roadster pickup. I layed it out once as far as 4" and even that was a little to long. 2"-3" inches looks about right. David
    That makes an easier stretch with the FF 4 link then but the Vette tube would still need shortened for that IRS.
    How much would a sedan delivery change in wheelbase?
    DB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    That makes an easier stretch with the FF 4 link then but the Vette tube would still need shortened for that IRS.
    How much would a sedan delivery change in wheelbase?
    DB
    So I don't hijack Martin's thread. I and other including yourself Dale talked about a bunch of this stuff over in my 33 design thread. Most of the stuff on the pickup is on the 1st page and tudor/delivery/woody is on the second page.
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...d-Design-Ideas

In answer to the sedan delivery the wheelbase would stay the same @ 112"

David