Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: R windshield on 818-S

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb R windshield on 818-S

Lots of discussion around adding the street windshield to the 818-R (it is an option on the order sheet), but has anybody considered getting an R windscreen for the S for track days? Would this be reasonably achievable, or just way too much work?

I'm assuming it would help with top end a bit as well as cooling and also help those putting full R aero on an S get the most out of it. Would certainly be an interesting look.

I'm not sure if this is a serious consideration for me, or just a random thought that has popped into my head the last few days, but figured I'd throw it out to the group for discussion.

...and go....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am already doing this, all you gotta do is pull fenders and have the dash not screwed to surround ( Velcro works very well )and it's a somewhat easy swap. I plan on driving with the R screen all the time ( the S is only for registration / inspection). The R screen is the only way to get direct flow to IC and help avoid heat soaking on hard runs and hot days. I feel if your going to run the S with an air- air with the full windshield heatsoak will become an issue. This is why the awic is a hot topic and a good idea. Wayne's and others is an option along with a few other wrx specific kits( pwr awic kicks butt$). I will be going awic eventually, just gotta find my motor build currently and than see we're to go from there. I will be running fans on my IC and I made a center duct in the bodyworkimage.jpgimage.jpg. This vents directly to cooler, it should help. I also running a IC sprayer We will see once I get motor built and running with my intake temp sensor and gauge.
    Last edited by metalmaker12; 07-23-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear. For those more familiar with HPDE days, do you see any issue with the application of the so-called broomstick test? Obviously the S windshield isn't exactly supportive, but optically with just the street version of the roll bar and a shorty windshield, would organizers cry foul?