Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Headlight Height

Post Thanks / Like

Headlight Height

Can someone measure an S ride height 818 and see how high the center of the headlight is from the ground? From all the pictures I see, the headlight looks lower than the top of the tire, which is 24 inches.

A bunch of states have a minimum height of 24 inches and it's one of the things in the book I got from New York State. The only three that I'll have to work at are; 24 inch headlight height, bumper 16 inches from the ground, and padded visors. Does anyone know if this is one of those things that they actually measure, or is it something that often goes unnoticed? I guess I could just crank the shocks all the way up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I recently FAILED my Brake and Light inspection. My headlight height was one of the failing points.

This is an inspection required by the DMV of CA. I have my 818R set at the R height and my lights measured at 20.5". We require a 22" minimum height.
    From what I am told I need to shop around because some places are more stringent the others. I haven't had the chance to shop around and find a less particular testing facility. I'm not sure how strict NY is, but they seem pretty over the top here in CA.

I had my shocks pretty tight when i went into the test so you wont be getting more than another .5" if you had them ultra tight.