Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Halibrand style wheels on a 33 HR

Post Thanks / Like

Halibrand style wheels on a 33 HR

Hi all
    looking toward a future order and build on a 33 HR
    like the looks of the Halibrand style wheels and think they would look sweet on a 33 HR
    looking thru the build forums and saw one with these wheels, so questions are:
    the 33 wheels are 17x9 frt., back space is 5.5 or 5"? 18x10 back, back space is 6" (from what I've read on here)
    Halib. are 17x9 frt. & 17x10.5 back
    1. will they fit?
    2. what is the back space on the Halib. wheels
    3. will the backs clear the disc brakes

don't mind the 17" dia. in back I like a little more side wall (old school muscle cars you know)
    Thanks, you are all full of information and I will be doing a lot of question asking to come.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The size and back space that you mention are for the FFR wheels I believe. You can get any size and back space from Team III and Richard Oben, a forum member. I have had two different sets of them on two Cobras and they are nice and the price is right. Richard is
    GREAT to deal with.

I made up a set of rear fenders 2" wider than stock and when i find a decent tire to use with them , I will be ordering the Hallibrands from Richard to fit the 2" wider tires. I would recommend that you wait to purchase or really do you homework as the tire diameter, backspace, wheel diameter and the year of the rear end used effect correct fit to the car dramatiaclly

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim
    Yes the back space I was listing was for the FFR 33HR wheels
    The back space I was looking for was the BS on the FFR Halibrand wheels in 17x9 & 17x10.5
    I am looking to do a 33 w/o fenders and was figuring to get the wheels with the kit if they fit with the factory back space
    I plan on doing lots of homework and ask a lot of questions before I jump into the deep end
    thanks for the reply
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whittaker View Post
    I made up a set of rear fenders 2" wider than stock and when i find a decent tire to use with them , I will be ordering the Hallibrands from Richard to fit the 2" wider tires. I would recommend that you wait to purchase or really do you homework as the tire diameter, backspace, wheel diameter and the year of the rear end used effect correct fit to the car dramatiaclly
    Tim,
    Can you share your process on the fenders? I will be using the full fender kit and I need to widen the rear about 2".
    Thanks,
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Doug,

Be most happy to. It's a little wordy to explain here but if you PM me a # , I'll call and share what I have done and worked for me.

tim