Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Reverse Lights/Rear Turn signal wiring help

Post Thanks / Like

Reverse Lights/Rear Turn signal wiring help

Hey Guys,
    Can someone explain to me how to wire in the 2 pole flasher into the small rear taillights. This is how I currently have it hooked up with no luck :-/...

12V ---> X Terminal on Flasher
    Reverse Lights_12V ----> Bulb terminal
    Turn Signal_12V -----> L Terminal on Flasher & Bulb Terminal
    Flasher Gnd-----> Chasis Gnd

Please correct my mistakes. Thank you

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    The turn signal wiring goes through the hazard switch. Basic flow diagram is this:

Code:
    12V Battery ---------------|                                            |---- Right Blinker Switch ---- Right Blinker Bulbs ---- Ground
                               |                                            |---Hazard Switch -----------|
                         Hazard Switch ---------- Turn Signal Module -------|
                               |                                            |---Hazard Switch -----------|
    12V Ignition Switched -----|                                            |---- Left Blinker Switch ----- Left Blinker Bulbs ----- Ground
    The hazard switch has three parts:
    1. A switch that switches the circuit to be powered by battery when the hazard switch is pushed and powered by ignition when it's not.
    2. A switch that activates the left blinker
    3. A switch that activates the right blinker

You have the ground on the flasher module correct, but the other two should both go to the hazard switch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. The thing that I'm most confused about is how this 2 pin bulb is going to serve a dual purpose as reverse lights and blinkers. Ex. There are 3 signals. Blinker, reverse, and ground but only two pins on the bulb. Any further help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Disregard this post. Realized the lights come with the wrong bulbs installed. Got it working now haha