Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Hindsight's build thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Good news and bad news. I only got two sessions in (warm up session and a solo session). The car felt REALLY great. I'll write more later but it's 100x better than it was last year. So much more stable. Still not happy with brakes... they stop the car well but pedal effort is high and they feel vague and a bit soft. ABS is nice though. My best time during the first actual session was 1:51 which is only 2 seconds off my previous best run from last year. That was me taking it easy and also getting stuck behind a couple people, so I'm certain I'll be dropping time from last year and hope to get into the lower 1:40 range.

Out of the blue, right as I pulled onto the track for my third session, the engine started cutting out and bogging. I see my AFR spike when that happens and I've got misfire codes for all four cylinders so I'm fairly certain it is a fuel issue. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do at the track to troubleshoot that because to get at the fuel pump, fuel surge tank, wiring, fuses, relays, and fuel pressure gauge, I need to pull the floor pan, shoulder harnesses, seats, and firewall. Big job. I limped home, bogging all the way, and am now going out to the garage in hopes of figuring out the cause in time to have it fixed for the second day of racing tomorrow.

Sadly, I didn't get any video. My gopro battery must have gone bad because I charged it to full and now it won't turn on. I was going to get some video using my phone, but wanted to wait until the third session to do that.

Will update later.
    Last edited by Hindsight; 03-25-2017 at 02:30 PM.