BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Interesting little moment at a Border Patrol check point

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting little moment at a Border Patrol check point

While returning from a visit to the in-laws in Phoenix we drove through a Border Patrol check point on westbound I-8 east of Alpine. Rolled up, said "hi" to the agent, he said "Hello" back. Then, his partner said "Secondary" so I was directed into secondary inspection. Well, right away I knew what happened. About 12-days ago I got a dose of RI-131 (Radioactive iodine-131) for treatment of thyroid cancer and I set off their little geiger counters. Actually had a very pleasant chat with the Officers. Explained what was going on, showed them the medical card I was given, filled out a little paperwork and went on our way. Total delay, about 10-minutes.

Nice to see that the radioactive detection units were working....

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    They must be pretty sensitive for 12 days before. How long until that stuff's out of your system?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    They must be pretty sensitive for 12 days before. How long until that stuff's out of your system?
    I've been told to carry the card for 90-days after treatment.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Wish you all the best with your treatment!