Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Western PA registration ?

Post Thanks / Like

Western PA registration ?

Hi,

New here, Mark IV complete kit-Ford Racing 302 with carb, is scheduled to arrive in September and am starting to gather items for the build process. I have done some searching on old posts, looking for information about registering a "Specially Constructed Car" in PA. From what I have seen, I won't be subject to the emissions inspection which is required for normal cars around Pittsburgh. I have also read the state registration procedures and believe this is correct.

Am I right ? - Can anyone in the Pittsburgh area help me out ? - (probably similar for Philly too).

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct, a specialty construction vehicle is emissions exempt by law in PA. Just follow the instructions in the packet you got from Harrisburg, find yourself a 'specialty construction" qualified inspection garage for your initial safety inspection, and you'll do just fine. PA makes it super easy as long as the quality of the build is there. Cut corners and you will fail your safety inspection time after time. Build it right the first time, and you will sail right through.

Bill S.

Quote Originally Posted by zilverx View Post
    Hi,

New here, Mark IV complete kit-Ford Racing 302 with carb, is scheduled to arrive in September and am starting to gather items for the build process. I have done some searching on old posts, looking for information about registering a "Specially Constructed Car" in PA. From what I have seen, I won't be subject to the emissions inspection which is required for normal cars around Pittsburgh. I have also read the state registration procedures and believe this is correct.

Am I right ? - Can anyone in the Pittsburgh area help me out ? - (probably similar for Philly too).

Thanks
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA