Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heater and defrost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
    That's what I was just considering today! And why not just let the water circulate all the time? No fan, no inside heat?
    I am about to do a heater install and was thinking the same thing as this is how it is setup in the factory system.

Also, I am using an impeller less water pump with no thermostat as I am using a Davies Craig kit to pump coolant through the system, would there be any issue with not having a thermostat and a heater core?

Also wondering if I can plum into the heater core lines at the entry point near the lower radiator hose connection rather than at the top of the engine block. As I currently have looped the line that factory five recommends inplace of a heater core. So the line that would typically feed the heater core would instead be redirected at the lower rad hose connection to my heater core in the passenger compartment. Then the return line would plum back into the original line eventually leading back into the coolant cross over pipe. I am just wondering if these are tee'd in near the lower rad hose and without a thermo stat for resistance the heater core would become the path of least resistance and it wouldn't flow coolant into the block.

Any thoughts/advice? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased a simple two heat setting 12 volt fan system online to try, think 12 volt hair drier. Between it and my seat heaters it should allow me an extra month of driving
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely I will be going this route, found it on a Facebook group, guy in Australia has used them
    http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/heatac

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just began the defroster A/C journey. My plan install the unit (mostly) between the top of the frame and bottom of the dash. Since I am building a coupe, I have the roof hung for storage and do not have an easy way to determine the dimensions below the dash panel to the top of the frame. Any one out there have the height dimension?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRP View Post
    I have just began the defroster A/C journey. My plan install the unit (mostly) between the top of the frame and bottom of the dash. Since I am building a coupe, I have the roof hung for storage and do not have an easy way to determine the dimensions below the dash panel to the top of the frame. Any one out there have the height dimension?
    I could get the dimensions when I get home... If I remember. There is not enough space for any HVAC system that I know of. Most people hang them below frame. I cut my dash frame​ and rewelded it to bring a vintage air mini system up a bit. See my build thread, I have lots of photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a unit that is 5-1/2" tall. I looks like it may be close. If I can get away with dropping the cross bar 1" it will be very easy to install. I really appreciate the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12