BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pictures of connections on the Boyd tank - 33 hotrod

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pictures of connections on the Boyd tank - 33 hotrod

Can anyone direct me to some good pictures of the fuel line, return and electrical connections on an EFI version of the boyd tank? If there any any pictures of fuel line routing on the 33 that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Ray:
    I have several shots of the fuel and some electrical, I'm travelling right now and have limited internet capability. I try attach a few here. I found the steel lines very difficult to bend without kinking, so I used the steel lines inboard of the frame front to rear then transitioned to high pressure hose both for fuel feed and return. I used an aluminum plate under the fuel tank I forget who I bought it from either Tim Whittaker or Mike Everson, DSCN0541.JPGDSCN0542.JPGDSCN0546.JPGDSCN0628.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    The last picture if you work with it can be blown up to see the pressure regulator and hose connecting to the steel lines. I don't have much of the electrical side but as I recall it wasn't very tough to connect the required circuits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Don. This is great! We have just moved and I am just getting started on the car after a couple months off. Hope things are well. Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Don,

Was looking at your pics and they look great. One thing to note though, is where you have the fuel lines going through the undertank plate, you really need to think about putting some sort of grommet around the holes. It will not take long to scuff and rub a hole through your lines. Since they are EFI feeds, the pressure would make a hell of a mess not to mention burn up your ride. Just a thought.

Jack
    FFR HR #530
    Race car theme, Tim Whitaker roll bar, Autometer Autolite Gauges, Satin Black, SBC 383/700R4, 8.8 rear with Cobra Brakes, 3.29 gear, Boyd Tank, QA1 springs and shocks,

My build blog: http://jacks33hotrod.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Jack I am not finished with the issue of passing through the plate, I will install rubber bushing/grommet type of protection. I have not been working on the car for that past couple of months due to travel for business. I'm looking forward to the next step of routing wiring and hooking up the A/C electrics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What jack said.

Plus you need to make sure you run the lines to clear the waterfall. Test fit the waterfall to make sure the lines will clear when the waterfall id installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am installing a LS3 into a 33 Hot Rod. What size fuel lines did you run. Also are brake tubing lines and fuel tubing lines the same.

Thanks, Larry

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I am installing a LS3 into a 33 Hot Rod. What size fuel lines did you run. Also are brake tubing lines and fuel tubing lines the same.

Thanks, Larry
    The fuel lines are bigger.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an LS3 and used 3/8 aluminum hard line directly off the boyd tank with the Stealth Pump. I've only go carted but so far but so good.
    Aluminum was easy to bend and flare.
    Be sure to support it every 6"s or so and I ran it inside the chassis rails. Vibration can cause havoc and it will puncture much easier than steel.
    I also used an LS1 filter/regulator combo. It not only filters and is easily replaceble but also keepd the pressure right around 60psi and no other regulator needed.

I used the stock steel brake lines that came with the kit. I know a few have had problems with leaking but I didn't. Brakes are super firm with no leaks.