Good morning everyone. I made the decision to purchase a coupe and working to get my wife to endorse and support the build. I've spent the last few years saving for the project and the last few months reading through the forums to get a sense of what I'm about to get involved with in terms time, cost, and complexity. I've also watched many of the Factory Five Videos on You Tube. What I need help with is how to configure my car. There is no plan to use a donor car. I don't expect to ever race the car, but I want a project that results in a safe, fun-to-drive, well handling, relatively comfortable car and I have questions and hope you guys can help:

1. There is an option for IRS. Is this important? What would it give me over the standard configuration?

2. I love the look and sound of a carbureted car and have seen pictures of an 8-stack set-up.

Is that an option that's readily available? Which motors will accomodate it? What should I expect to pay for it?

3. How do I know which transmission and rear end to select?

This is all I have for now and look forward participating in this forum as I'm sure there will be many other questions.