Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Invitation: Santa Monica Event This Weekend (8/24/14)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Invitation: Santa Monica Event This Weekend (8/24/14)

Hi Guys! Been a long time since I posted here, but have been following things on the Forum. I've been busy with the Coupe (rebuilding), and with the new 289 FIA car arriving within the week, my life is still very much involved with Factory Five.

While I haven't posted much, I have been working on a number of projects, including one in which I've met renowned film director/producer Patrick Kriwanek who is working on a new major motion picture film featuring the Team Shelby story. While the story is about Shelby, much (and I mean very much) of the film is about the drivers (John Morton, Bob Bondurant, and others), as well as Phil Remington, Peter Brock, and the countless mechanics, fabricators, and machinists that worked in the shops and made Team Shelby so successful. Patrick is focusing the film on the folks behind the scenes that made Ferrari blink, and turned the whole mid-1960's FIA world upside down.

Patrick is hosting an event on August 24th in Santa Monica, and in speaking with him today, he asked me to invite any and all of my fellow roadster, coupe, GT-40 or sports car friends to the party. The event is being held at an art studio, and feature the art work of automotive designer and artist Camilo Pardo. Those of you familiar with the Ford GT will recognize Camilo as the designer of the Ford GT....A very notable and talented person indeed.

There is no charge to attend the event, and no limit to the number of individuals attending, so spouses and friends are welcome. Patrick says we will have the parking lot to ourselves that evening as well, so drive your classic car if you like. I am attending, and look forward to seeing any of our forum friends that can make it to the event.... Best regards.....Karen

From Patrick:
    The Shelby American Team Film is a major motion picture about Carroll Shelby and the incredibly talented team of men and women who were drawn to work for him in Venice, California between 1962 and 1966, people like Ken Miles, Peter Brock, Phil Remington, Bob Bondurant and Joan Sherman.
    Working together, these people created the greatest racing team in American motorsports history, culminating with the Shelby American team cars finishing 1st and 2nd at Le Mans in 1966, a feat that is now known to be the single greatest American motorsports victory in history.
    Portions of the proceeds from this evening's event will be donated to the Legends Connection Fund which maintains this important history and the annual Shelby American Team Employees reunion.

-Patrick Kriwanek, Producer/Director
    The Shelby American Team Film
    Last edited by vnmsss; 08-20-2014 at 08:02 PM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like fun K. Let me see if we can swing it on Sunday. It will be nice to see you and enjoy an evening with like minded car people. Frank
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That would be awesome, Frank! Viking Blue margaritas and meeting some new folks will be lots of fun.

K
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2010 West Coast Champion

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We had a great time at the event this evening! It was great to see Frank and Julie Maslowski, and we were all pleasantly surprised to be joined by fellow FFR roadster/challenge series car owner Bill Robertson and his lovely bride, Brenda. An amazing group of people from a wide cross section of professions joined hosts Camilo Pardo and Patrick Kriwanek to honor the heritage of our cars. Camilo's personal Ford GT, along with a beautiful original slabside, and two GT350's greeted guests in front of the gallery. Inside, we were treated to a stunning display of Camilo's automotive artwork, and everyone enjoyed meeting new people and visiting with old friends.

Team Shelby driver John Morton and his wife Silvia were there, as well as Sherry McDonald, widow of legendary Corvette driver and Team Shelby driver Dave McDonald, joined by her two children, Rich McDonald and Vickie McDonald. Needless to say, surrounded by legendary cars and very inspirational people, a good time was had by all!

Rupert Bragg-Smith, Karen Salvaggio, ____, Rich McDonald, Julie Smith Maslowski, Frank Maslowski
    Last edited by vnmsss; 08-25-2014 at 01:36 AM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2010 West Coast Champion

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I missed it Karen!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)