Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Building an 818R in Mt Pleasant, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing is - we finally got it running correctly today. There were lots of issues with the wiring harness and the MegaSquirt. We are returning the MS 3 on an RMA next week since it has an issue with downloading the logs. We finally were able to look at the logs by taking the unit apart and reading the data card directly in our laptops. There were a few issues with the wiring harness and eventually we figured them all out. The car runs strong, but it's been a crap shoot trying to debug the data and the harness, we finally got a break that got it working today. We are hoping to get another MS3 unit and test it all out next weekend at Road Atlanta, I'll post results as we figure it all out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, looking forward to your test report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mitch - you need to come to RA and test drive it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Humm, I actually have a free weekend next week but I should stay home and get some work done on mine, but very tempting Jim. I am a few 10 minute jobs (that take 3 plus hours each) to my first start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Wright View Post
    I am a few 10 minute jobs (that take 3 plus hours each) to my first start.
    Wow, That comment hits the nail on the head.
    I just spent about 12+ hours putting my doors on.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we got our 1st full weekend out of the car! It has taken us this long to finally get the VCP wiring harness figured out. Funny thing how the car runs like crap when the ECU is wired incorrectly! Once we sat down with the MegaSquirt manual and traced out the wiring we were able to make a few changes to correct it and get the car starting and running smoothly.

We managed to get good power out of the car and destroyed two clutches on the banks of Daytona International Speedway. We replaced one clutch saturday evening with a local Oreilly's clutch and it only lasted 60 mins on Sunday. Our aero modifications to the headrests and intercooler seem to make good power!
    Clutch #1 -
    s20151031_145016.jpg

Front view of intercooler scoop:
    sWOL0199.jpg

rear view of intercooler scoop
    sWOL1161.jpg

And lastly - on the banking at Daytona at speed...
    s1J6A5729.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great and I'm sure exciting for you. What kind of power do you think you're making? Can't believe you went through two clutches...
    Like the hump mod. Can we see more of how you handled cooling and TMIC ducting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is how we mounted the intercooler - it is an aftermarket one that I picked up on eBay.

8181rintercooler.jpg

8181rintercooler2.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123