Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: For sale G50 03

Post Thanks / Like

For sale G50 03

I bought this transaxle from a friend that bought a GTM in go kart stage. He went with a high horsepower TT set up so he went another direction on a transaxle. I bought the transaxle from him while in limbo waiting on my Mendeola. I took delivery of my Mendeola and installed it and now I need to sell this G50.

I did go for a ride in GTM before this transaxle was removed. Everything seemed to function fine. The GTM was originally built by forum member Ed Hyslip. I contacted Ed for information on the transaxle and this is the email and information he sent me:
    Hey Cory
    I don't remember off the top of my head which model the transaxle is but the stamped code on the case should tell you. What I do know is that it has a stock porsche limited slip differential and I had the unit dismantled by a Porsche racing shop in Houston called pyrotechnics (who are out of business I think) and they replaced whatever syncros, bearing and such. They did some machining of the shift rails to accommodate better shift quality. ( Ninja racing mod ) It's a solid unit... From what I remember first gear was really low for the GTM but functional.

Hope that helps.
    Ed

Included in the sale is a new flywheel, KEP adapter plate, slave and cable shift. I'm asking $6000.00 for everything. This transaxle has very limited miles/use(go kart miles is all). It has been sitting in my garage since 2011. Email me at [email protected] and I can send you all the pics you want. I'm no transaxle expert but will do my best to answer any questions. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images