Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Just bought my 33

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought my 33

Hey Everyone,
    After more then 3 years saving and reading these forums I have finally bought my 33. It should be here in the next few weeks. I have bought a 3 link, hard top, tilt steer, powder coated frame, power windows and a challenge.
    I am very excited to start the build and am sure I will be calling on your advise and help over the next couple of years. I will be buying the vintage AC, ISIS power management, custom billet wheels and painting the car a very deep purple/black. The car will have a 500Hp LS1 and 6 speed manual.
    Looking forward to sharing my journey with everyone. I also have the added obstacle of being a long way way away. (Queensland Australia)
    Thanks

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the upcoming build.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Brett. Great to see you here on the Forum and looking forward to your posts. Have FFR supplied your frame in RHD configuration or is that conversion still up to the builder?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have bought the kit from Chris Canning (Component Cars Australia)in WA. should of probably asked that question but his web site does say that it is RHD from the factory. It is being shipped from WA in the next week or so. Will post pics once the Crate arrives. Just finishing building the shed for it to live in while we build it. Saw the last lot of photos of your build. It is coming along nicely and looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Brett,

Welcome !!!!! Let us know if we can help in any way with the build !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I would post an update. Have built the rear end, front end and mocked up the firewall and body mounts. Have been having lots of fun building the car. Am now waiting on lizard skin to arrive in the state so that I can prep the firewall for final installation. Next on the list is to remove the Engine and Gearbox out of my old car and test fit so that I can confirm the steering setup.

Will post some picks when I am on a computer instead of the ipad..

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Brett! and congrats on your new purchase of a 33. May you fair well on your build

David

Post Thanks / Like
    You won't regret a moment. You will love the InfinityBox (ISIS) system!
    Nick Sebastian - 33 Hot Rod #495
    Factory Five Forums - hdnik
    FFCars - lowntubd

Build Site/Blog - www.nicks33hotrod.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I should post an update.
    Progress has been slow as I seem to be always at work. Have managed to fit the motor and gearbox. Have pulled apart the LS1 engine harness and removed the unwanted bits. Currently in the process of building a fuse/relay box to power it. The hot rod is starting to look like it could be a car so things got very exciting.

Next up is to remove the body and start the brake and fuel lines. Have attached a couple of photos I think below.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interested in the fitment of the T56 and the routing of the hydraulics to the clutch

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy the build. It's easy in the beginning as it's mostly assembly and then it will get tougher. Just take your time and double check your work. Also be sure to refer to the helpful tools list over on the other forum for tools that will save you some serious time.

Post Thanks / Like
    ehansen007, I saw your comment about refer to the helpful tools list over on the other forum. Can you give me a little more direction on where this information is located? I have checked the two forums I am registered on but not able to find what you mentioned. Thanks.

Jim

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and enjoy the build!