Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: help with weather stripping

Post Thanks / Like

help with weather stripping

The push-on weather strip that runs across the top of the firewall, trunk walls and rear floor....does that also go across the cockpit rear wall?
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not across the rear bulkhead between the trunk sides but yes on the outer "wings".

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,

I've already got the bulb running across the rear bulkhead. Am I going to have clearance/fitment issues with the body if I leave it on there?

Thanks,
    Noel

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks as always Jeff
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pc12cvs View Post
    Jeff, I've already got the bulb running across the rear bulkhead. Am I going to have clearance/fitment issues with the body if I leave it on there? Thanks, Noel
    Not Jeff (obviously) but the answer is yes, if you're building a Mk4. You will have clearance issues with the back wall if you try to have bulb seal there. No advantage to having any there either. The back cockpit wall on a Mk4 is very tight against the body even without any bulb seal. Install carpet all the way to the top of the cockpit wall before installing the body for the last time, and tuck it behind the body roll. It will just fit, trust me. Only have bulb seal on the side wings, as Jeff described and as shown in the instructions.
    Last edited by edwardb; 09-02-2014 at 10:46 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info Ed. Luckily that one's easy to go back and correct.

Cheers,
    Noel