Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Headlight adjustment

Post Thanks / Like

Headlight adjustment

The manual says that the Z bracket at the bottom of the headlight can be bent for headlight alignment. When the car is completed is this the only adjustment for exact headlight alignment? If so, I'll modify this bracket for a threaded adjustment.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    There are adjustments on the headlight itself. However, even with those adjusted all the way up, mine are still somewhat pointed at the ground. I have to roll around with my brights on everywhere, and I don't even get flashed by oncoming drivers. :-/
    818S - #67 (SOLD IT!)
    Delivered: 18 November 2013
    Go Karted: 29 December 2013
    Titled/Registered: 28 March 2014
    Finished: NEVER!
    341 hp @ 4844 RPM / 389 tq @ 3717 RPM

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are a little ahead of me as I work on my exhaust. I'm glad to read this and plan accordingly to preemptively point them up a little. Have any other builders ahead of us had similar experiences? Perhaps in the discussion a consensus can be developed for a starting point? Thanks in advance!
    Rich

818S in progress. 2007 WRX sedan donor.
    Powered up: 7-8-14, First Start: 7-20-14, Go kart: 8-19-14

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, mine point inward and at the ground. I'll see if I can get this sorted. Not you sure you can bend the z bracket that much to compensate.

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I asked about the headlight adjustment over a month ago I should add this photo of my turn buckle solution. These pieces are all from Ace Hardware and I added lock nuts on both ends so this apparatus can push and pull, and then can be locked so it holds in place. This has worked well in helping me move the headlight up and down so it fits between the headlight bucket and the front fender, but I don't know yet if it will enable me to accurately aim the headlights. I still have to wire up the headlights, and other stuff, before I can light the lights and aim them.
    The turn buckle that Longislandwrx posted above may work better, but both are the same idea.

818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    what size turnbuckle did you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Size? I just bought the smallest turn buckle at Ace - about 1.5 or 2 inches. Then, I got a right-hand bolt to fit into one end of the turn buckle to add length, and some nuts so I could lock it in position.