Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: School Time

Post Thanks / Like

School Time

Well starting school Oct 1st. Getting somewhat excited here.

I ended up deciding on going back to school for Advanced Graphics and Motion Design. I decided against the CAD being that I really don't need to learn drafting just the software and all of the schools I looked at I had to actually go to a school.

The school I am going to use is Sessions College an all online Graphics school. That's why I said going to use instead of going to....lol Sessions started in 1997 and has a very good reputation.

I decided on taking the Graphics Design Advance Certificate with 2 Freelance concentrations, which comes to 21 months. Will be taking mostly advanced software training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects. I know a little Illustrator, but nothing in InDesign and After Effects.

I am hoping to cut my time down to 18 months, since I am somewhat profiecent in photoshop. That's one of things that's nice about Sessions, you can go at your own pace, as long as you don't go over the allowed time frame.

The thing I like about Sessions College is you can customize your course selections in the Vocational Certificate programs to fit your needs. Plus it's all online which gives me a lot of flexibility with my time.

Anyhoot........just thought I would post this to let people know what I am going to be up to for a while. I'll try and work on some of my designs here when time permits.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 09-15-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you David, who knows maybe you can fit in some 818 designs for a class project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    Good for you David, who knows maybe you can fit in some 818 designs for a class project.
    That would be cool! Not sure though, I know they have certain things you have to do in each lesson. I have read the whole list on each of the courses I have to do.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats David. Sounds good, hope everything works out well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well this looks like it's not going to happen....... School has been postponed again, no thanks to the VA VocRehab. Sessions College has some what black listed me, since I have postponed 3 times. Sessions has pretty much said if I postpone again they might have to drop me, since I am already enrolled. All of this because the VA hasn't gotten me my computer etc. yet, and I put in my paperworkd over 8 weeks ago, and I can't start school with out it, since the school is all online and from day one I start in Photoshop.

Then to make matters worse my old computer (which is not able to handle the new Adobe versions) went down about 6 weeks ago. It's either the pwr on/off switch or the motherboard, troubleshot the pwr supply and the cmos battery and those are ok.

So not am I only without a computer right now, I can't even work on anything. Have been using my Mom's computer and her old one was so slow on the internet, might as well go make a sandwich....lol, so Mom and I went and got her a new computer, just a basic one for getting on the internet, it was a lot cheaper then upgrading her old one.

Not so sure it it would be worth upgrading or fixing my old computer. If I go with a new one that has Windows 8 I can't run my adobe software since it is CS3.........arrrrhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a born again Christian, I am at my wits end on this one. Not sure what God is trying to tell me, wrong school?, wrong direction with the graphics and should have gone with the CAD schooling? Back to Bible College again?

anyhoot, not sure what's going to happen, all I know is right now I am at a major stand still on about everything in my life, which is not really a good place to be.

At times I just think to myself I want off this screwed up planet.

Doesn't really matter if I really do anymore stuff on the FFR designs, most people really don't care anyways, oh sure a few do here and there, but not enough to where I am a major contribution to the FFR community.

Call this a rant, pity pot or whatever.......this will probably be my last post for a while, since I am not really working on anything.

Sincerely, David V. aka Vman7

Post Thanks / Like
    Vman
    Man sorry to here about your troubles life can suck sometimes when you have things out of your control.
    I for one enjoy your renderings and when I get into my 33 HR buy and build would like to incorporate some of the ideas into my build.
    really like the roll pan at the back and hope to build it into mine.
    by the way the center exhaust you put in so many of your rear renderings, what size were the outlet pipes if you don't mine me asking.
    Hoping things get better, God has a direction for us all. sometimes its just not clear
    Thanks Again
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Stay the course Vman!! God does direct us at all times! You don't "want off this planet"... you know it! That is NOT what they taught us at basic! You will prevail and work it out! Let's make it happen!

TC

Post Thanks / Like
    David, remember this quote...

Life never goes as planned...it's in those moments where you define yourself adapt and overcome. You'll become a better person because of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well come this tuesday it will be 12 weeks since I put in my paperwork for a computer, software ect. Still nothing, I can't even get my VA VocRehab rep to answer phone calls or email.

This is about how I feel right now!