Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coupe A/C Evap question.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Coupe A/C Evap question.

The A/C directions are a little vague IMO. I see how the Evap. unit mounts to the small bar. Does the forward part just rest on the big bar? Is there a bracket you should install? I borrowed this pic from a fellow builder's thread.

batterytrayandacinstall007_zps6cbd9444.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Vague is a little too kind. I talked to someone at FFR and they said it just sits on the larger tube but I used a strip of Velcro with adhesive back stuck to the larger tube and A/C case to keep it from bouncing up and down. I am not sure it is necessary but it makes me feel better.

Bill Lomenick
    Chotis Bill

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I would run a few beads of silicone on the big tube then mount to the brackets. You could run another bead around the edges if the excess underneath does not push out and clean the bead up with your finger. It acts as an insulator and cement at the same time. I love silicone! If you don't use something to isolate the box, it could be the source of one of those difficult to find rattles later on when your driving. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! I may just make a bracket to keep it just off of the tube and use foam strip for anti-rattle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice car!

Yes it just sits on the 2x2.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013