BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 hot rod fuel tank plate

Post Thanks / Like

33 hot rod fuel tank plate

I just received my fuel tank plate from FFR. It also came with two other small plates. I was told that I need them too. I don't know where they go. Has anyone installed these plates. If so can you post a picture. The part numbers for these plates are 33958 and 3359. I am attaching a picture of the plates.

Thanks for any help provided

LarryIM000395.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    larry don,t have car or photo but have latested pdf manual shows to be left & right closeout panels at gas tank on page 381 kick up is at the bottom at the door post runs up tube out side of roll bar tube says to put push on weather seal on push against body seal and rivet hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Found it in the book. Thank you for your help.
    Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never seen those two panels before. My 33 is very early and did not have this item.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I just received my fuel tank plate from FFR. It also came with two other small plates. I was told that I need them too. I don't know where they go. Has anyone installed these plates. If so can you post a picture. The part numbers for these plates are 33958 and 3359. I am attaching a picture of the plates.

LarryIM000395.JPG
    My book (October 2013) doesn’t show these on the referenced page. What version manual do you have?

Post Thanks / Like
    These are new panels, I found them in the 1Z manual

I didn't get them with my kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    These are new panels, I found them in the 1Z manual

I didn't get them with my kit.
    I went through my parts last night and found that I didn't either. I'm wondering if the factory will send them or if this is an upgrade that we would have to purchase?

Post Thanks / Like
    Larry,

My kit (#698) had the sheet of aluminum under the fuel tank location, however, I do not remember seeing side oanels and will keep looking. I did look at my dis-assembly pictures and do not see the panels.

Out of curiosity, what is your kit #?

Scot

[QUOTE=Larry;170000]I just received my fuel tank plate from FFR. It also came with two other small plates. I was told that I need them too. I don't know where they go. Has anyone installed these plates. If so can you post a picture. The part numbers for these plates are 33958 and 3359. I am attaching a picture of the plates.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've been selling the fuel tank sill plates for three years. Flattered that the factory thought it was a good idea but the addition of the second component makes little sense to me. My wheel well panel and the new door hings seals do an effective job of sealing.